Thread: Bolt case.

Bolt case.

Anyone know of a good source for said item. Could even be a pencil case , though I 've not come across anything suitable, any ideas ?. Its for storage within the cabinet, not carrying. Thanks in advance.

Wrap in an oily rag and stick it in a freezer bag,cheap.

Scott country, Baron bolt case. Excellent product and good service. JC

Use an old sock.

Drop in the bolt, give the sock a couple of twists to holt it in the foot then roll down the section above to keep everything tidy.

Tidy!
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by macberran View Post
    Anyone know of a good source for said item. Could even be a pencil case , though I 've not come across anything suitable, any ideas ?. [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]Its for storage within the cabinet[/COLOR], not carrying. Thanks in advance.
    I seperate my bolt from the rifle so it reduces the possibility if someone breaks in if they arnt together its a dangerous as a pipe or piece of wood in the wrong hands.

I keep the bolts wrapped up in a cloth inside a plastic container hidden .

Don't MTM produce a plastic bolt storage box ? I recall seeing them for sale years ago but I'm not sure if they still make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    I seperate my bolt from the rifle so it reduces the possibility if someone breaks in if they arnt together its a dangerous as a pipe or piece of wood in the wrong hands.

I keep the bolts wrapped up in a cloth inside a plastic container hidden .
    I might be mistaken, but I thought the bolt was subject to the same security requirements as rifle and ammunition. I do store my bolt separately from the rifles, though; but just on the shelf in the cabinet with the shotguns.

My legal suppositions aside, I am not keen on the idea of storing steel bits for any length of time in contact with cloth (or leather, for that matter).

When I'm travelling (e.g. to Scotland) with a rifle, I carry the bolt in a bolt-holster on my belt. Can't remember where the bolt-holster came from, but they are fairly commonly available in both leather and Cordura-stuff.

SD Regular
    My legal suppositions aside, I am not keen on the idea of storing steel bits for any length of time in contact with cloth (or leather, for that matter).
    Anything that stops the metal from free movement of air around it - unless an oily sock - isn't a good idea!

I've seen some real damage done by that to shot guns kept in leather motor cases or pistols kept in their leather holsters in a gun cabinet.

I just put mine on the shelf in my ammunition safe. If the shelf is full I put it on top of whatever box of ammunition it doesn't look as if it will fall off of!

Thanks to all, I will follow up suggestions. I found i had made some money, and being able to tie it to the farm, I thought I may get something a bit fancier than an oily(well used) sock. So before memsab had allocated it (the money), I thought I might try and re-create or wander onto the or what would become the common ground of retail therapy. Having got 'er' down to the computer and she had suggested several results , I was told to ask ' your forum mates'.
    So I will sort this out now, thanks again chaps.