Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: xxx

My experience is limited but a chap at work reckons i should be using a deer caller now, so unless he knows something the rest of us don`t.......
    basil.

I was out on my ground in West Sussex last weekend with Robin off the site. Have to say I did not see any real posative signs of the rut beggining, even though we saw two Bucks and 3 doe's on two fields. One quite nice 6 pointer was with two doe's but did not appear interested, although around the headlands there appeared to have been a fair bit or running around. We took a good cull head Buck that was on its own.

Last year it did not get going on my area until very late July early August, and was over not long after it started.

rut

I dont think it is far away up north. I had clients out last week and the bucks were chasing does. It is just a matter of time now. You southerners should get there first, but, as soon as I see I will inform the rest of you.

Much too early. Give it a week or two - weather permitting.....

The bucks may well be chasing does, but nothing will really happen until the does come into oestrus

Davie
    Have seen a few large medal class bucks they are not interested in the does at all its a long way off up here. I have a Diary and it is normally round the second week of August were i am and the weather don't hold em back.

not seen anthing to exciting yet , just a few new bucks hav moved onto my ground and just starting to show themselves but in the past the rut on my ground , does not seem to get into the swing of things, till last week of july
    any one else who stalk roe in wawrickshire and surrounding areas ,seen any definate signs yet

The Rut

I watched two seperate bucks north of the border west coast chasing doe's over 2 weeks ago on my lease, but not over intrested in keeping them what i can say is they all look in great shape and the bucks on my other ground over the border east coast have responded to calling last week

amberdog