sako kodiak .375HH

conibear

View attachment 4735

what do you guys think of these rifles
they look great but there not CRF but have there own patented version
There perfect for western canada with there short stainless barrels and all weather stock
for the snowy and thick timber you encounter on a hunt here.
I want a .375hh but i also am interested in the ruger alaskan in .375ruger which has crf
what are your thoughts ?

thanks dan

I'm not sure CRF is a huge issue. Remington's don't have it, nor do Weatherby MkV's if I recall correctly nd the 460 WBY is touted as a "Big 5" kind of gun. My Model 70 Winchester .375 H&H (post 64) doesn't have CRF either and I wouldn't hesitate using it in rough circumstances.

The 375 H&H is a fine, accurate, and hard hitting round. I would chose it over the 375 Ruger if only for it's world wide availability and the fact that buying a 375 Ruger would saddle me with a Ruger rifle . I'm sure the SAKO is a better rifle and the 375 H&H suitable for any game the 375 Ruger would be. ~Muir

thanks muir

ive never been a ruger fan either.

but there isnt much choice in a short barreled s/s all weather .375

How much shorter do you need it? Have you considered a BRNO? They take a licking and keep on ticking....~Muir

I have a cz 452 style .22 and really like it .
I have looked at the cz,s but im looking for a s/s rifle ,I dont recall them making a .375 in s/s?
thanks dan

Ah. Stainless. I'm not sure they do either. The SAKO would be my choice then. Rugers are so hit-n-miss when it comes to quality. I love their revolvers and .22's but hate their bolt guns....~Muir

Hiya Conibear,

That looks a very pretty rifle, what would you have that passed for on your ticket???

Do you shoot abroad much???

Can you get that passed for deer and boar???

I have abig gun cabinet and its got room for more rifles, I just need to decide which ones.

Ah. Stainless. I'm not sure they do either. The SAKO would be my choice then. Rugers are so hit-n-miss when it comes to quality. I love their revolvers and .22's but hate their bolt guns....~Muir

thanks Muir

youve made my mind up i will not be buying a ruger .375 !

sako kodiak or rem 700 xcr choices,choices,choices !!! :D

Hiya Conibear,

That looks a very pretty rifle, what would you have that passed for on your ticket???

I have abig gun cabinet and its got room for more rifles, I just need to decide which ones.

I live in canada and there a little more relaxed on gun ownership than the uk, so i can have a .375 with no need for a reason to own 1.
If you want a .375 I would ask the fierarms officer the worst he can say is no.
a planned hunting trip abroad is a good reason for a application for a new rifle i would of thought.
good luck dan

thanks Muir

youve made my mind up i will not be buying a ruger .375 !

sako kodiak or rem 700 xcr choices,choices,choices !!! :D

Oh For the Love of God!! Get the damned Ruger instead of a Remington!!:scared: I won't use a Remington on any game more threatening than a prairiedog. Paper-clip extractors, brazed-on bolt handles....Yuck! I've fixed both of these maladies many times on 700's. I have a commercially built jig for welding bolt handles and staking in new extractors. If it never happened, no one would have marketed these tools, right?? Save the grief and sleepless nights. Get the SAKO. :D~Muir

Hi conibear

What ever you do don't by the Remington 700 XCR in .375 i have one and have had no end of problems with it the stocks are $$ite if you do buy one you'll need another stock for it !!!!!!

Nigel

I guess sako kodiak .375 it is then :D
although i do like rem 700,s but maybe not in a .375 H&H:doh:
thanks for the advice :D
dan

Muir if your ever in kelowna bc ,drop me a pm and come over for coffee !!:D

Hi conibear

What ever you do don't by the Remington 700 XCR in .375 i have one and have had no end of problems with it the stocks are $$ite if you do buy one you'll need another stock for it !!!!!!

Nigel

that is the problem with lower end rifles
by the time you change the stocks, bed them and adjust the triggers you end up paying as much as a better rifle.

Hi conibear

Totally agree i just liked the look of the Rem xcr ive had two rem stocks on it, adjusted the trigger bedded it and it still wont group consistantly so now ive got to either give up or buy a replacement stock and they are not cheap ! its just to much rifle for the flymsy stock it comes in good look with the sako ive never heard a bad word about them

Nigel

Hiya Conibear,

They chamber the the same model in .338 Win Mag if that would make it acceptable to Mr Plod, I have handled one at the importers here in NZ
very nice rifle setup with nice iron sights, handle the bad weather you are having in the northern hemisphere-Robert.

I guess sako kodiak .375 it is then :D
although i do like rem 700,s but maybe not in a .375 H&H:doh:
thanks for the advice :D
dan

Muir if your ever in kelowna bc ,drop me a pm and come over for coffee !!:D

We're darned near neighbors, comparatively speaking, aren't we?? I'l give you a shout. I have family in BC still, I think. ~Muir

Back