Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Calling !

Night Calling !

Hi, can anyone advice me on Lamping/calling for foxes, been a few times but i'm sure there's room for improvement !? Thank's..

Have a look on utube loads of clips on there,and calling at night

I shouldn't worry too much at this stage Just, I've been calling foxes for over sixty years and I'm still learning. Practice makes almost perfect, books and vids are fine providing Charlie watches them as well.

Where to start i could go on for ever " just stick at it i use a widgeon call flat brass disc with a hole in middle works a treat just keep flicking the light on and off till one comes into range stay down wind etc if on foot as said previously watch a few videos loads of different ways to do it !!!!

Are you calling by mouth or using a call? try a WAM disc as 375 said, they work well without having to learn much technique. dont blow too hard and stay down wind, call in 5 or 10 min cycles and give it chance, if you have no luck after 20 mins move on. When you spot charlie, use as little lamp as possible just keep the edge of the beam oon it to see what he's doing. try different calls. be quiet some people will call and talk to each other, don't if he is listening to the call he can hear you as well.
    if you have neighbors that are calling and missing then you will have no chance. Try and keep something behind you to stop you from getting outlined against the sky.
    keep at it it's great when they come thundering in flat out to about 30 yards then twig you are there.

good luck, Ezzy

Thank you lads ! Just ordered some calls over the weekend, and the wam being one of them ! another is from Fox call uk which is having some really good reviews ! don't know if uve any experience of this call !?

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    Thank you lads ! Just ordered some calls over the weekend, and the wam being one of them ! another is from Fox call uk which is having some really good reviews ! don't know if uve any experience of this call !?
    I haev a foxpro spitfire which is excellent. However, I do still resport to hand/WAM from time to time especially when Im just on a walk at night. Juts before christmas I spotted a set of eyes, set up gave a few balsts on the WAM and the fox came runnign straight at me full tilt, it was all I could do to get him to stop. Nice piece of kit for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    I use both the WAM & the Fox Call UK one, the latter being very easy to use as it leaves both hands free & you can very the pitch just by biting down on it.

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Just got both through the post this morning ! The fox call uk one sounds really good, i'm off to try them out this evening just as it's getting dark !

give us an update then....how ye getting on with yer new calls????

all the best sauer