Thread: Airgun Security

Airgun Security

As from 10 February airguns must be stored in a locked gun cabinet under the crime and security act 2010. If you do not comply an offence will have been comitted with a 1000 fine I would also imagine the loss of both fac and sgc. Just a warning to you all ATB Brooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooky View Post
    As from 10 February airguns must be stored in a locked gun cabinet under the crime and security act 2010. If you do not comply an offence will have been comitted with a 1000 fine I would also imagine the loss of both fac and sgc. Just a warning to you all ATB Brooky.
    Hi All
    Brooky are you a journalist for the sun or guardian, nowhere in the act does it say airguns have to be kept in a locked gun cabinet you just have to prevent access to under 18's so if you have no under 18's entering your house they don't even have to be locked up.
    Geordie

we had a thread on this last week.

Hmmm I wonder now airsoft are powered by air are they now so there fore are an air gun so they should be locked up too. How about paintball guns? although powered by CO2 they got away with not beign done when CO2 powered guns were classified as firearms or is it just thoe that can fire a LEAD projectile that are evil and need locking away?