Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Butler Creek cover broken

Butler Creek cover broken

My Butler Creek Scope flip-cover lid broke off after only 3 outings, no abuse, just weak plastic in the joint between the spring and the lid..can't take it back to the store due to distance, etc. and they wouldn't remember me either.

I know it's only 15, but is there somewhere I can send it to and moan,,say Butler Creek UK???

Mine did exactly the same and I couldn't for the life of me get any glue to stick to the plastic they make the things out of. I've new ones ordered and might see if I can reinforce the weak area with epoxy or something.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    My Butler Creek Scope flip-cover lid broke off after only 3 outings, no abuse, just weak plastic in the joint between the spring and the lid..can't take it back to the store due to distance, etc. and they wouldn't remember me either.

I know it's only 15, but is there somewhere I can send it to and moan,,say Butler Creek UK???
    Mine broke too,

Try E-Bay, they are only 10 posted on there !!!

I'm probably on my 4th cover, always snap in same place and haven't found a glue invented to stick the bl**dy things back together, plastic equivalent of a non stick frying pan!

i have had the objective lens one break and couldnt fix it either. i went back to bikini covers.

So I'm getting the feeling that we all agree BC flip covers are crap in construction...perhaps one can buy cheap imitations that are actually better!

I have had Buttler creeks on all of my scopes since I started stalking. I had never had a problem with them breaking and when I upgraded scopes I sold the old scopes with the covers on them. The two stalking rifles I have now have had Buttler creeks all round apart from one which has a copy that you can see through for the objective cover (the shop never had the BC in stock for that size). The only one that has not broken is the copy. I dont think I do anything differant with my scopes or rifles now as to what I used to do. I think I am going to try one of these http://www.accucover.com/ next to see how I get on with them.

Dave

I've had similar problems with the BC covers on my latest 'scope, two objective covers broken in two months! I will not be buying BC again.

Am currently on the lookout for a replacement make.

Just ordered another one from FleaBay for 10..if it breaks as well, I'll go back to wearing the bikini's...

I think they must have started making them from a slightly differant plastic.

Dave