Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: open licence

open licence

just recieved my firearms renewal back how do I know if it is an open licence thanks

Start by making an introduction about yourself as per the forum instructions.

Then post the wording of the relevant condition(s) you are concerned about on your FAC, (in full) - that will give the good folks on here something to work with so they can tell you.

Open = "land over which the certificate holder has lawful authority to shoot"

Closed = "land deemed suitable by the Chief Officer of Police and Over which the certificate holder has Lawful authority to shoot"

Adam.

Just checked my ticket to ensure it is open, which thanfully it is. Never really paid much attention to this part but I have authority for humane dispatch. Is this usual?

Thanks

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmer View Post
    I have authority for humane dispatch. Is this usual?
    You're going to have to quote the whole condition for a decent answer. It might be the standard 'expanding ammo' condition you are referring to, and unless it is modified or has a linked condition for the relevant firearm then it might be that it's not as all encompassing as it might seem.

Phone the local flo they'll put you right to the conditions which they if any have been placed on the use of your certificate .

Not for someone on here to discipher then you get your nuts kicked .

Ask the issuing force then your in the right .

Adamant thats pish sorry to say .( there is very little land that is deemed suitible by the cheif office of police if any at all ) must be a English wording .

hello Widows son,

same wording in wales also, you need to get the police out to check suitability of land if it is not cleared for the calibre of rifle you intend to shoot over it.

unless of course you have an open ticket.

"land deemed suitable by the Chief Officer of Police and Over which the certificate holder has Lawful authority to shoot

I think the fact that you have Lawful authority to shoot just about covers all my ground i dont go anyware that i dont have permision.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    "land deemed suitable by the Chief Officer of Police and Over which the certificate holder has Lawful authority to shoot

I think the fact that you have Lawful authority to shoot just about covers all my ground i dont go anyware that i dont have permision.
    I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post

nor have i, but not everyone is as law abiding as us!