boundary what would you do????

Tam16

what do you all think?when browsing another hunting site i came across a post which had a photo showing the march of my stalking ground and the neighouring farm which is open hill ground and another pic off a dead doe clearly in the trees on my ground. when i chalenged the lad who wrote the post was told all forrest edges look the same and the ground was in newton stewart which is a lie - which I can prove. since I started asking a few questions on the forum, the whole post has been removed for reasons unknown to me. Maybe the lad knows hes shot himself in the foot by putting the pics on the internet. What do you all think? cheers Tam

does the law not state! WITHIN the bounds of YOUR permission not a foot or 20 each side or what ever? so he was trespassing with a firearm! Ouch that's not good!

Hi Tam

First thing you should have done was saved the image!

I'll send you a pm about what I would do in case the poaching b*****d reads this....

I would send admin a pm and ask them why it was removed. I would then go and see the landowner who has the land up to the forestry edge and tell him your concerns. If you have pictures keep them and print them out showing the landowner the proof. Poaching is an offence and if it is done on a regular basis you will suffer and you will need to bring your cull figuer down. Make sure the Forstry company know about this also and why you are struggling with your cull in that area.
I imagine this was the Foxhunter post.

The person, who posted and removed the post (when he was busted) has a reputation for this kind of behavior, it just beggars belief that he has the brass neck to actually post pictures of somebody else's ground in the first place........

Nell

Personally, I wouldnt have posted anything, not on here or the other site. If he thinks that nobody is on to him you would've had a better chance of tripping him up.

Sometimes its better to say nothing.

Dont know him or you, but as others have intimated its perhaps not an uncommon occurance for him to be poaching. As thats what it is. If the deer was shot on his ground but ran to yours he still needs permission to get it.
This being the case then perhaps the police should be invollved. Even though this post has been removed there is always a trail in a computer that when someone who knows what they are doing can find the evidence they need. And it looks as though there are a few folk who know who this individual is already.

If you know who it is id pay them a visit they would'nt be keen to poach my ground again, more than one way to skin a cat as they say !

Compliancy breeds contempt . if this"persons" is posting pic's of the deer he has shot on the internet how many has he had or how often is he on the ground to get to the compliancy stage. good luck with getting to the bottom of this one .....neil

What would I do?

Well, as I understand it, if he shot it on his side and it died on yours, in Scotland, if he then took it... it is his beast. No crime committed. So, I'd get over it.

However, if he shot across the march at a healthy beast on your side... different story, that's called poaching. You'd need to prove it though.

Good luck either way~Tom

Hi Tam mate,you should be a detective.Id show the evidence to the farmer concerned,He or she will be able to make their own minds up on the matter.Good luck,Ill see you and Tony later.
ATB John.

Personally I would copy and file any posts this person makes on as many topics that may include picture & footage or lay claims about shooting on your side of the boundary untill you feel you hav enough concrete evidence to take it further
then approach them, the onwers or lease holders of the land they shoot on and whom ever gave them permission
your own landowner and the police
poaching is bad enough and often you know it goes on when some one is just taking over the boundary
it ain't nice I know and you can cope with that even a word in the culprits ear may stop it also
But when they blatantly post it on the world wide web to gloat about it, then it's time I feel to take definate action
hope you get this sorted soon

What would I do?

Well, as I understand it, if he shot it on his side and it died on yours, in Scotland, if he then took it... it is his beast. No crime committed. So, I'd get over it.

However, if he shot across the march at a healthy beast on your side... different story, that's called poaching. You'd need to prove it though.

Good luck either way~Tom

Tom i guess thats the excuse he would use in his defence, turns out he does'nt have permission to shoot the deer on his side of the fence.....

In the post he was conplaining about the long carry out.....

Tom i guess thats the excuse he would use in his defence, turns out he does'nt have permission to shoot the deer on his side of the fence.....

In the post he was conplaining about the long carry out.....

If that's the case... He seems to have incriminated himself.

Good luck nailing the poaching fecker.:evil:

Dosnt matter if it shot on farm or forrest, if it died on your forrest its yours, only gentlemans agreement about retriving dead game alows you to enter some one elses shooting and retrive, if he dosnt have that with you its theft!.

ATB Barry

tell the world who he is and what he does on this and any other forum, Name Names ! If you are right and you sound 100% sure you have nothing to worry about and his reputation (if he has one) will be in tatters.
ATB
Simon

Id have saved the post , put up some trail cams , informed the local bobby what you were doing and let the chap incriminate himself , i had one like that next door to me and i drilled some cats eyes into the trees deer head hight just inside the wood

hi tam,

if it where i and if the picture was on my land as you stated and the deer was shot on my land i would report it to the police and request the admin from the site to recover the pictures if possible.

simple

hope it works out for you

f,

Tam, no need to worry mate the pics are on my hard drive if you need them. i can send them to you. but they are on the link on here so you can save them from that if its easier.

Last edited:
Back