Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lymes all clear

The Lymes all clear

Well, after 7 months, hundreds of tablets, several blood tests and a lumber puncture I finally got the all clear from the consultant today, I still have a long way to go though, I have headaches that last weeks and easily burn myself out but thats all part of the recovery process apparently, Ive been warned it could be the best part of a year before Im right.

I dont want to go through that **** again!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Pleased you've had the all clear Dan. A pal of mine had Lymes and I saw what it did to him - very, very nasty.

Take care.

Bob

Congratulations!! Lymes is hell - early detection is the key, problem is a lot of people dont realise they have it, and the longer it is in your system,the more damage it does.
    I try and spread the word wherever possible as most people aren't aware just how nasty it can be. I had a dose a few years ago, luckily my wife spotted the strange round rash on my waist whilst I was taking a shower. Still gave me headaches and muscle/joint pain for months afterwards.

Lymes is on the increase in the south where I am, especially Hampshire and Dorset.

Good news that you have tested Lymes free. It often is a very difficult one to detect, even with all the blood tests.

All the best

Lakey

Congratulations, it obviously has been, and clearly remains a nightmare, but knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel must be a great feeling.
    Neal

Glad to here the good news
    Just for those of us that don't know what are the symptoms, Round rash headaches and muscle joint pain anymore ?

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Just for those of us that don't know what are the symptoms, Round rash headaches and muscle joint pain anymore ?

Nigel
    The rash only appears in 50% of cases. Symptoms I have experienced are extreme tiredness, muscle twitching, irregular and strong heartbeat, bad headaches for weeks at a time, blurred vision, light sensitive, a nervous/adrenaline rush sort of feeling and being quick tempered (maybe thats just what teenagers make you feel?).

Funnily enough Ive never had joint pain but did have a bad knee that started at the dens 2 years ago, maybe this is related, who knows.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post

Nigel
    Have a look here. You should find all you need to know.
    http://www.bada-uk.org

basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Hi Dan,

glad you are now on the road to full recovery. Having had Lymes I was fortunate I caught mine really early, although at the beggining the symptoms are not to be recommended . I got over mine reasonably well so I consider myself lucky.

Keep well, and I hope your health continues to improve and that you get back to 100% very soon.

Best

Sikamalc

Cheers for info lads not many ticks round here but i do always seem to get them on my arms when in Scotland !
    At least i know what symptoms to watch out for now!

Nigel

Nigel,

just be aware that not all infected bites produce a red ring around them that radiates outwards. Trouble is with Lymes it can affect people in different ways so everyone should be careful as it is very much on the increase. The west country and eastwards along the south coast, it is in West Sussex and has been in Hampshire fro a while. If you are under any suspicion that you may have it, go and get a blood test straight away.