Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New publication?

New publication?

Hi chaps,

had a new publication dropped unexpectedly through my door this morning via royal mail. Dont know if any of you have recieved it yet ?and do not know why I was sent one either.

It is called Modern Gamekeeping and is a colour production but in the form of a thick news paper. There are some articles about deer stalking but in general its about game shooting.

And the editor is......Mr Peter Carr.

The inside back page is one huge advert for all those lonely folk who want to find a countryside match

Malc they might have got you from the lonely hearts adds and put you on the mailing list or it could be because you are such good friends with Peter Carr. Or it might even be that your in to games and keeping them. But one things for sure its not because you run a deerstalking site.

I had it drop through my door and I think its very good, I have been trying to find out why they picked me and thought it maybe something to do with the NGO.

mark

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Malc they might have got you from the lonely hearts adds and put you on the mailing list or it could be because you are such good friends with Peter Carr. Or it might even be that your in to games and keeping them. But one things for sure its not because you run a deerstalking site.
    In answer to your post, NO, NO, NO

I got it and thought there was quite a bit of relevant stuff in it, actually, I was surprised. If it changes its title to ''Sporting gamekeeper'' and starts running articles about 'hunting' inside fences though, i might give it a miss

We had ours come through a while back
    not sure it's the type of publication I am interested in reading on a regular basis , but to be fair it was not that bad and lots of useful stuff so it may catch on

Havent had one and dont expect to....but if anyone fancied forwarding when done a copy Ill drop a few sheckles in H4H

I thought it was half decent, it had lots of pictures
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Hmmm...I wonder if James Marchington could be the new editor of SR?...

yes i had one when it first came out it to do with basc if your registered as a gamekeeper i filled the form out with it and got another copy last week which my daughter took home with her it as lots of ads but some good stuff to