Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muntjac

Muntjac

I've spotted 4 munties on one of my permissions at 1.30 pm today, I've just been passed again and they're still in the same field just about 100 yards further away, I'm wondering if I should try to shoot one (or more) or just leave them be?

I'm wondering if I should try to shoot one (or more) or just leave them be?
    you could always do both, shoot them and then leave them, just like our friends with Reds do north of the border, Buzzards and crows need to eat just as Eagles and Ravens do, think of the poor hungry birdies

Kernell ,if you have a need for some venison . Go ahead and shoot one ,if not leave them for another day .Simple

Quote Originally Posted by kernel gadaffi View Post
    I've spotted 4 munties on one of my permissions at 1.30 pm today, I've just been passed again and they're still in the same field just about 100 yards further away, I'm wondering if I should try to shoot one (or more) or just leave them be?
    What sort of stupid post is this ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't understand the post. can you explain Kernel ?

well, I'd ping one at least but if you don't want to because they're so cute I can come down tomorrow so there's not guilty feelings

I've read that there haven't been any spotted above North Yorkshire and I was thinking,"should they be left till there's a few more". (let them breed).
    Last edited by kernel gadaffi; 08-02-2011 at 23:22.

shoot them all now and go and find their friends before they get out of hand

If that is one buck and three does that is 48 deer in three years time or there about. Unchecked that is a calculator job in five years. Nightmare. If you have the shooting to keep numbers in check. Shoot them or lose your permission. I for one would hunt you off the ground if I found you had left Munties to breed, plus they taste nice,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kernel gadaffi View Post
    I've read that there haven't been any spotted above North Yorkshire and I was thinking,"should they be left till there's a few more". (let them breed).
    100% Certain that they have moved further North than that. Once established they breed like hell so if they are there you had best keep a good eye (and cross hair) on them.