Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of a good site and good members.

Benefits of a good site and good members.

For almost a year I have been trying to get hold of a spare magazine for my SHR 970, they proved to be rare as hens teeth. A couple of kindly forum members kept an eye out for me but to no avail. Then by luck, I found what I wanted had been incorrectly listed on US website, several e-mails later it ended with them insisting, that despite my offers to pay for everything in advance, they would not ship international.
    During a conversation (through PM'S) with another forum member, I was told that if I e-mailed the details to him then his pal who lives over the pond will buy it on my behalf, ship it back to him and then he will ship it to me. Sure it was a bit of a long winded way to do things but I am now the owner of a shiny, new, (well matt black actually) pressed steel box mag for less than the price some of the plastic ones for the more "fashionable" rifles.
    Now this may not sound like much to some of you but I have been in touch with people in Germany, Italy, France, Denmark and Switzerland and got absolutely no-where at all.
    So many thanks indeed to The Stalking Directory and in particular to the forum member who made this happen, what a thoroughly good bloke he is.
    Sincere thanks.
    Pete

Good one Pete, nice post.

fraser

Pete, there are people on here who will go out of their way to help and it can seem quite overwhelming. I've had some excellent advice recently from members of this forum, and even offers to give up their free time to help me out... In this increasingly selfish society we live in, it certainly restores the faith in humankind.

Simon
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Well as I think I have said before this kind and generous help is thanks to the great members we have on this site.

The SD site is the only site that I am aware of that does really help all stalkers whether they are novice or professional. I know we have the idiots that come on here and try to cause issues, and we do have squabbles between members from time to time, but that is bound to happen with a fast growing membership.

But having said that, there are some great people on this site who have gone out of their way to help others, and are continuing to do so.

So on behalf of the Admin/owners of the site, (Csl, Sikamalc,JAYB) can I thank all of you who have helped out in one way or the other. We do appreciate it guys, long may it continue.

Best

Sikamalc

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    and we do have squabbles between members from time to time, but that is bound to happen with a fast growing membership.
    No we don't!

(Five minutes or the full half hour?)

Hi Pete,
    Happy to help you out mate. Now don't lose it

Regards
    Tim

Account Suspended
    I have used a few different forums and this one is by far the best one UK site I have used. The guys on here are genuinely helpful and knowledgable.
    Thx Stalking Directory.

Quote Originally Posted by robbobsam View Post
    I have been banned from a few different forums and this one is by far the best one UK site I have used. The guys on here are genuinely helpful and knowledgable.
    Thx Stalking Directory.

Edited for you

Quote Originally Posted by snoozlecracker View Post
    Hi Pete,
    Happy to help you out mate. Now don't lose it

Regards
    Tim
    Have drilled and tapped the base plate and now have it fixed to the QD swivel with a 3ft length of bog chain! lol

Cheers again Tim