Humble Pie...

Pete E

Gents,

I'm not sure where to begin this post, but I guess it should be with an apology for causing such waves on the site.

I said my good byes yesterday fully intending not to post again. Since that time I've had a few phone calls and emails from members, culminating with a call from JAB.

We have both been members of another site for a number of years, but have never actually spoken before.

During our chat it soon became evident to me that JAB feels very similarly on many issues concerning our sport whether it be the introduction of new members to stalking, to what might be termed "responsible" free speech on the forum.

On the understanding that the forum will go forward on the basis of "open and fair debate" I have decided to eat my portion of humble pie and give things another go.

I should stress that if we want "open and fair" debate, that does mean we have individual responsibility for our posts and that if we "police" our selves effectively, it will give the Mods/Admin no reason to do so..

A large part of that decision is that issues of free speech aside, I think this site has a great membership, with many people going out of there way to help others, and that the fraternity among stalkers this creates is something I feel just as passionately about and wish to support.

Regards,

Peter

I for one am glad your staying Pete, it`s people like yourself that teach me what i need to learn. Stalking is an art in itself.
I think disagreements in debates are good things, we then see all sides of the discussion, afterall, it would be a bore if everyone agreed on every thing that was posted.
basil.

Glad you stayed mate its about opinions and i feel you will win more battles than you loose even if the ones lost are removed.

It shows a great deal about a man who has the courage of his convictions and can appologise when necessary

I am very pleased you changed your mind and always feel like Basil it would be a sad world if we could not disagree in a debate but still alll be friends

Well said Pete, nicely done. welcome back. We can now all move forward together I hope.

John

pete e it takes a big man to say sorry not that i think you have to . i read your posts and replys and think you speak a lot of common sense . regards roedinator .

Thank you PeteE, I for one am glad to see you retain your membership.

JAYB and myself along with Mark our IT man, will try our hardest to achieve the best for this site and its members, much has already been done, and more is possible. I for one am very anxious to see a scheme in place to help young inexperienced stalkers out with training and taking their first deer with a competent guide/stalker. There are many experienced people on this site and between us we can put somehting back into the sport that we all love.
Once we are up and running and we have the sale sorted out, which is now going to take a little longer, I would welcome Pm's from any member with offers of help or setting up schemes to help our younger or novice members.

Thank you everyone for your support, please bare with us while we sort things out, both John and myself will make an announcement once things are sorted and settled.

Thank you

Sikamalc Admin

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the kind words everybody..

As JAB says I hope things can now move on in a positive manner..

Regards,

Peter

come on pete you have giving some good advice on here and elsewhere we need stalkers like you to help the new stalkers i'am glad your staying

Yeah, great stuff, dead easy wasn't it ?

PeteE, I thought you wanted transparency and freedom of speech on the site? If so why have YOU deleted dozens of YOUR postings? Sanitizing?
Don't stand up, or just covering tracks ?

Sorry something here stinks.

poddle,

Nothings stinks, simple answer is I deleted them yesterday when I intended leaving...

From that point, my first post in this thread covers what happened.

Regards,

Peter

Thank you for your response Peter, From "leaving" to "running the site" in just a few hours, very impressive.

Pete, good to hear you're staying you will add a lot of value to this site.

As for helping new stalkers, a couple years back Pete drove from Wales to pick me up in EDINBURGH and we went up to Banchory (nr Aberdeen) for a weekend stalk. I was a relative newbie and a peniless uni student at the time, his gesture will not be forgotten and he motivated me to apply for a FC and now I am an active stalker. All this off the back of an exchange of private messages on the accuratereloading forums!

The experience taught me to not to forget the newbies to our sport and get them involved whenever possible as I know what it's like to start out with no contacts or ready cash to buy rifles/stalking rights.

P.S. I missed twice during that weekend!! :oops:

Pete E. Thank goodness you are still with this forum. It is obvious that I am not the only one that enjoys, and learns from your posts; you always appear knowledgeable and informed and always submit a well balanced argument, Tony M.

Poddle, if I could just respond quickly to your posting as I do not want to dwell on this whole event.

Number 1. Steve left the Admin team of his own accord, there was no argument and as JAYB announced nothing sinister or behind closed doors.

Number 2. PeteE had nothing to do with any of this, and in fact due to Steve's illness and his currant position he had intimated to the rest of the team that he would probably pull out some 4 weeks ago, but I and JAYB pursauded him to hang in there and stay.

Number 3. The site is not in meltdown, we are carrying on as normal although there is now more to be taken on by less people. the site figures are on the increase, and have been for sometime.

Number 4. There is no infighting between Moderators or the Admin, we have debate, and that is fine as long as everyone follows the code of ethics at the front home page.

Number 5. Beowulf is still and will as far as I am concerned be a member of this site. He has stalked with me on two of my leases over the last year taking three deer at no charge. I do not offer this lightly, he is in the very true sense a decent upright man, and also a friend.

Number 6. Both Steve and his good wife Darinda will again be guests of mine and JAYB in Scotland later this year. Nothing has changed between all of us. I very much look forward to stalking with Steve and others that have an open invatation to stalk my 8000 acre lease in the highlands. I am also aware that JAYB has an open invatation to Steve to saty at his home and stalk on his ground for a Sika Stag.
If we had fallen out with Steve I doubt that this would still be arranged ;)

Number 7. All sites have problems, I too have a life and family that I cherish, so to JAYB. I will not let this site take over my life, but I do intend to carry it on with JAYB and Mark to the best of my ability. Let there be no doubt I do not suffer fools gladly, but I want to see this site go on and become the Stalking Site for all stalkers and moer importantly help those that are novices or just starting in the game, which I know you will support.

Having said all this I sincerely hope that our two sites will carry on in the spirit of harmony and freindship, helping each other and watching each others backs for TROLLS or plain idiots that want nothing more than to cause trouble.

Thank you for your valuable input and I hope to speak to you in person soon.

Kind regards

Sikamalc Admin

Ok Sika, I accept your explanation.

Lets move on.

I hope that whatever management takes over the site contacts me and I will co ordinate with the other hunting sites as before in an effort to keep trolls and jesters off the websites.

Swampy and Beowulf had worked hard and successfully with me to build a plan/ system to keep the sites clean, at this moment I do not have any contact other than your good self.

May I take this opportunity to invite the new incoming moderators to contact me via PM

Welcome back Pete E
I have smarted with some responses to my posts, and now try to think before I post , sometimes things get heated, and I doubt there is a person out there who hasn't disagreed with some posts sometime or other. Just carry on as your contributions are welcome got a pm for my Anglo Saxon language , did they know I had FXXXing turrets!!! I haven't,
but there you go .
Trapper

Back