Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington aftermarket stocks......which one???

Remington aftermarket stocks......which one???

I am looking for an aftermarket stock for a remington 700 with a heavy barrell for a semi custom .223 I am biulding. There are loads of them out there and the main ones seem to be made by McMillan, HS precision, Bell and Carlson to mention a few.

My question is which one of them is worth getting, or are they all near as makes no difference the same and its just a case of which can be aquired the cheapest.

Thanks, Phil.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I put a Boyds laminated thumb hole job on my Rem 700 in 220 Swift,bedded it in to enhance any goodness and it was cheap as cheaps compared to some of the others.

I do have a few B+ C stocks and they are excellent as well imo.

x2 for boyds very good value!

I have used HS Precision and McMillan. Personally I think the McMillan's have the edge. Having said that my mate has used at least 2 HS Precision thumbhole stocks that are superb and light in weight. I don't know if you are interested but I have a Remington Laminated short action stock in as new condition that has been bedded by Border Barrels which would obviously need some work to ensure it fitted the intended action. It came off a varmint .22-250 so would fit yours. 100 plus postage.

Huge choice with McMillan. If you go onto Jackson Rifles web page they have a complete list of what is available and prices. Click on the code number of the stock to see pictures.

I have a Remington in an ACIS chassis stock. With a heavy barrel it can be a bit weighty but the folding ability and 18 inch barrel makes a very compact an handy rifle. Mine is in 308 and pretty bombproof but I am not sure you can do this with a 223. Graham Clarke at Sporting Services would give you the answer. I have HSP as well but given the choice would go for Mcmillian. I think they also have clearance lines on the US website. Brown Bros is also worth a look. I would avoid Bell and Carlson.

Manners look very good,there should be some arriving in the UK shortly if not already....

i have an unused Mcmillan A3 here if you are interested, pm me for details.

For Sale: Mcmillan A3 for Reminton 700

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmatch View Post
    I have a Remington in an ACIS chassis stock. With a heavy barrel it can be a bit weighty but the folding ability and 18 inch barrel makes a very compact an handy rifle. Mine is in 308 and pretty bombproof but I am not sure you can do this with a 223. Graham Clarke at Sporting Services would give you the answer. I have HSP as well but given the choice would go for Mcmillian. I think they also have clearance lines on the US website. Brown Bros is also worth a look. I would avoid Bell and Carlson.
    hi ive a ACIS with a remmy 223 20"heavy barrel fitted , + 10 shot mag i think are new out with the polymer 10 mags as said weighty but i think really comfortable .from sporting services new stock just in .

I am glassing in a Boyds' stock on my Parker Hale 308 Norma. It's a laminated "classic" model. Excellent value and super accurate inletting. $69 US.~Muir

Just ordered my self a Boyd's Ross Featherweight Thumbhole / finished Nutmeg Laminate for a short action Remington
    three weeks ago and according to the tracking info it is in the UK now not bad considering that when i ordered there was a two week back order on this particular model
    Going to try it on both of my Remmy's my SPS Stainless .243 and LVSF .223
    and if it's any good will order another one !!