Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski question

Swarovski question

I have the chance to buy an old 8x56, still in perfect condition but the reticule is horrendous.... it's a German style with no crosshairs just three thick black posts, one at the bottom and one each side.

Would it be possible to have the reticule changed for fine crosshairs?... and what sort of cost would I be looking at.

Cheers

Simon
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Why change it just use it and get used to it. After a little while you will get to love the number one reticule.

Ah, is that what it is?... the guy who's selling it called it something else but I can't remember what.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Sometimes called a German reticule. Good in poor light and for moving game.

Simon, I always thought that type of reticle was called a German Post or Picket reticle.

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

I was told that the only options for that model was the 4 or 4A

That may be the case now but possibly in the past other reticles were offered, in a time before everyone decided that they needed to have a minimum of x8 magnification as standard. The 8x56 was really only used for shooting in poor light conditions such as sitting out for boar under the moonlight in a German forrest.

Interesting, I might take a punt on it... he want's 270 and reckons it's about 10yrs old.

It doesn't have the Swarovski eagle on it, just the name and 8x56 etched in white.

I have the same reticule on my swaro on a .243, works every time, it did take a liitle getting used to but now wouldn't change it, no need to does what it does best, lets you see it and puts it on the button

good scope at that price if its in good nick

Only the newer scopes have the eagle on them. Personally I think the older scopes were built stronger. Thats just a personal opinion.