Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VW Amarok

VW Amarok

Went along to our local VW Commercial dealer for a preview look at the new Amarok pickup that is about to be released. No chance of a drive until they get the demo available in May(ish) and deliveries are severely limited for this year with most dealers only being allocated 10-15 vehicles.

First impressions are that this is a very good first entry into the pickup sector by VW, (ignoring the Caddy and Taro that is), and they should sell well - Toyota et al might have a serious competitor here. And although it's only a 2ltr it comes out well in the magazine road tests. Anyone else been along and had a look at it?

Attachment 4836

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...vw_amarok.html
    Last edited by Orion; 10-02-2011 at 12:45.

Did they actually have one in stock to sit in? I am waiting to see if they have enough leg room for me so it would be nice to rule it out or in.

Cheers

Ian

Yes, although it was a l/h drive version - no actual UK models until May apparently.

I was very impressed with it, so I'm just waiting for a finalised price and hopefully a test drive before pulling the trigger.

Saw it at the Jagd and Hund show in Dortmund last weekend and they were taking it round the indoor offroad course and it looks a very nice bit of kit, was in the same colour as in the picture which i really liked.

Toying with the idea of a pick-up what was the UK price?

Also would definitely recommend the show in Dortmund for next year and you need at least two days to see it all

Moose

My company bid on the cockpit (IP) to build in Argentina I was at Wolfsburg so saw the bidding war.
    It is being built by VW Argentina just outside Buenos Aeries, I was there next door at the Ford assy plant in 1996.
    It is a no nonsense basic pickup for emerging markets.
    Regards
    Martin

The title of no nonsense basic pick up belongs to the Nissan NP300.
    For performance looks aswell as price tag..
    I dont think VW will be able to realisticly compete with it..

I saw one in Germany a few months ago, it looks great.
    I'm a fan of VAG vehicles generally they're just so well built.

Have told HAWCO to call as soon as they get one in, I really fancy it what with a 6month wait for an octavia scout

Mate of mine in Norway has just bought one, he told me it has more room in most departments than its competitors, hav'nt heard from him since he took delivery though..

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    Mate of mine in Norway has just bought one, he told me it has more room in most departments than its competitors, hav'nt heard from him since he took delivery though..
    Perhaps he got lost in the cavernous interior and hasn't been able to find his way out?