Forum Stalking Ground?

Are the irons still in the fire or did I miss something and the fire has long gone out :lol:

Just came across this thread while looking through some old posts and wondered if it ever came off.

Cheers

Stephen

i just came accros this and wondered how far it has gone.as a complete novice(been twice with ash 243) i would be willing to join in.

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was going to speak to a man about 250 acres that was part of a much larger block, well I got that. Some of the people off the site who came up for the SD week have stalked it, it's not easy, being a forestry block the only open ground is the rides, but there are Deer in there, Roe, Sika and some noisy Reds :eek: ask legaleagle he has seen them and heard them. I took this lease primarily for the use of SD members and a few were interested and were going to take up the offer, but they were struck by the financial hardship that hit everybody this year.

In a nut shell it is easier for me to take a lease and make stalking available to members than it is to have a lease run by "committee", therefore if I get it again this year I shall offer stalking to members again.

Bucks and stags will be £250 for a week (six days) or £50 a day, cull animals will be free, representative / trophy beasts £75, carcase at dealers prices. Doe's and hinds will be the same but with no trophy fees. I realise it is a long way for a lot of you but it is the best I can offer. There is a lady who has some self catering accommodation about five minutes from the lease, I will see her during the next couple of weeks and get some prices if anybody is interested.

John

As John says it is full of deer, never failed to see at least one or two every time we have been out, an you can hear many more roaring and grunting in the trees.

It is a very reasonable deal with the added bonus its a lovely corner of the country to visit anyway & JayB always leaves you with a grin from his banter, see I been polite ;) I called it banter not **** taking :lol:

Thank you Robert :!:

That's meant in a non **** taking way of course :eek: :eek:

John

Pete E said:
JAB and SikaMalc have both mentioned wanting to assist new stalkers, so I wonder if a "Forum Lease" on a bit of suitable ground would be possible??

I see a large block of land, hopefully somewhere central, with a static caravan in place.

Novices would book in for a stalk/training with JAB or SikaMalc and would then be taken out by some of the more experienced posters on here on a volunteer basis..

Depending of the species on the ground and other circumstances, the ground could also be used for other types of training, such as simulated stalks ect.

The whole thing would be run on a "expense's" only basis to keep the cost for the novice as cheap as possible.

The start up costs would need to be gathered ahead of time as its unfair to expect just one or two people to cover that out of their own pocket.

Perhaps it could even be established as a charitable training foundation to get the benefits of charitable status?

Any thoughts?

I'm up for it, might not be able to get that far north very often but quite prepared to contribute a ton as it is in the interest of all.

I undertook the original stalking certififcate then they changed it to DSC1 I missed the boat but, what pi***d me off was that the same course I was on is the same and the BDS new it was going to change but said the two qualifications would run in tandem and only those that wanted a DQI need go for a DSC1. Then it changed, although there was an amnistey I missed it. I ain't paying another £350. (I left the BDS)

With regard to insurance it must be the same as estates that offer stalking to overseas guests who will not have recognised qualifications but, are still permitted to stalk and I presume they are insured through the estate?

Dave

Count me in for £100 I think it is a great idea :D
and can I have the last week of July and the first week of August in the caravan :p :p

Gents,

I don't think you are reading this thread properly, the site never took on a lease, for various reasons, so it never happened. I / we are sorry but it is a bit of a logistical nightmare to organise and administrate and at the moment is a non runner. The best we can do is offer what stalking we can at the best prices we can.

Sorry

John

hi john i read your earlier post and the prices sound very good indeed i would be stil interested if you take on the lease again just pm me thanks,wayne

SD stalking lease

I dont want to get people's hopes up. this might go no where, but i heard the other day there might be a large forestry 7000 acers (i think) being put up for lease after the shooting season. I'll quietly enquire to see what i can find out. I'll let you know where it is at a later date. (for obvious reasons.) but it might be just the type of place for SD stalkers.

Back