Burris scopes

patjack

Hi, got a Burris fulfield duplex 4-12 x 42 scope , anybody use one how good are they, was thinking of swapping it for over got a leopold 3-9 x 40 at the moment. thanks.

The original Burris scopes were very good for their day but the company has changed hands several times since then I understand. It will depend on when the scope was made and where as to how good it is. The very late ones are probably Chinese and so quality is iffy a lot of the time. Sorry but I don't have any Burris so only the experience of friends and they were the old original Fullfields from the 1970's.

i use a burris fulfield 11 and cannot fault it it is exellent in low light and the ballistic plex is exellent for accurate shooting on my 270 ,atb wayne

Ive got a Fullfield II also and it is excellent and the warranty if first rate if you contact US, GMK are the norm so you may need Burris to kick them up the arsenal

bk funny you should mention GMK as I returned a Leupold scope to Uttings some weeks before Christmas. The scope is a Leupold European 30 1.5-4x20 which I use on my over and under 8x57jrs. I only bought the scope around September time and it was fine until early December when the elevation suddenly went all to pot. Frankly up until now Uttings have been a right pain in the arse but this I understand is due to GMK being difficult with them. In effect GMK will not credit them for the scope or repair/replace it until it has been sent to Germany for inspection/repair. I have now been two months without my scope and have a trip planned in the next couple of weeks when I want to use this rifle and scope. While I have every confidence in Leupold I can't say the same for their representatives in this country. I do have some sympathy for Uttings but as legally my contract is with them if the matter isn't resolved shortly I can see no option but to take the trading standards route and also involve the credit card company as I paid for the scope on the internet using a credit card.
While I still think of Leupold as a reasonable manufacturer after all even the best scopes go wrong occasionally, I would be reluctant to purchase any product in the future that is distributed in the U.K. by GMK. At this very moment I would also be reluctant to use Uttings again although I have purchased a few things from them in the past and found their service very good.

Hi all thanks for your comments, still undecided at moment, looking through the scope the optics are crystal clear bought it in usa some years ago was a great price compared to uk prices, my leupold is 3-9 x 40 been a great scope but not so clear as burris.

Hi all thanks for your comments, still undecided at moment, looking through the scope the optics are crystal clear bought it in usa some years ago was a great price compared to uk prices, my leupold is 3-9 x 40 been a great scope but not so clear as burris.

"my leupold is 3-9 x 40 been a great scope but not so clear as burris."

You have just answered your own question :D.

I have used burris fullfield II for a few years now,with 223 - 308 with no quarms or faults. IMO for the ££ they cannot be beat, they have a good field of view, clarity is superb & with balistic plex set @ 100yds . 300 & 500yds are made easy. They out shine any luppy i had, & bushnell.

i've got a blackdiamond and can not fault it, look at the so call top end scopes and its up with all of them.

Found this by accident & have to add my own tuppence - worth.

Started using them some years back, since then have gone over to them on almost all my rifles - .22lr - .375HH.

No problems with shifting zero, amazing low-light performance - excellent value for money.

Rgds

Ian

just to add to my previous post ,i have just returned from new zealand and there where a quite a few of the helicopter pilots using the new burris eliminator rangefinding scopes and all rated them highly,atb wayne

Back