british columbia hunting pictures thread.

conibear

here is some pics of some of the species you can hunt in bc
I believe bc to be the best place to hunt in n america with the most differant species available
I hope you enjoy the pics.

Conibear you are going to have to stop posting pic's like this you are getting me very very jealous of what you have on your door step.

Conibear you are going to have to stop posting pic's like this you are getting me very very jealous of what you have on your door step.

im actually in sunny essex at the moment, im not returning home until april :cool:

glad you like the photos

dan

Connibear, my wife and i will be visiting B.C. in Sept. What is the chance of a hunt if i get time, can i just book a days stalking for perhaps a mule or white tail deer,could i hire a rifle etc. Where in B.C. do you live?
Many thanks, Tusker.

Connibear, my wife and i will be visiting B.C. in Sept. What is the chance of a hunt if i get time, can i just book a days stalking for perhaps a mule or white tail deer,could i hire a rifle etc. Where in B.C. do you live?
Many thanks, Tusker.

hi tusker

I would be more than happy to take you on a hunt.
but you would not be able to carry a gun due to bc hunting laws.
which will not allow NON RESIDENTS OF BC to hunt without a licensed guide outfitter,which costs $1000,s
the only people i can take are immediate relatives. and they have to prove their identity.
as my father did on his fall black bear hunt last year.:cool:
so if you want to join me on a hunt you would be welcome as a spectator/companion.which would still be a great experiance,just not pulling the trigger yourself. :)
Im going to be living in kelowna,okanagen,
let me know if you want to tag along on a black bear hunt in september :D

Dan

Can you please do me a great big favour the next time you travel back from BC, bring back with you
16 x Elk
12 x horned sheep (brown ones)
23 x moose
18 x white goat thing with horns

No bears as of yet lets see how i get on with these first ...neil

Dan

Can you please do me a great big favour the next time you travel back from BC, bring back with you
16 x Elk
12 x horned sheep (brown ones)
23 x moose
18 x white goat thing with horns

No bears as of yet lets see how i get on with these first ...neil

LOL:lol:

jokes aside though
I see no reason why they could not reintroduce a few extinct species back to the more remote areas of britain like. lynx,moose and even wolves if the habitat allowed.
theres a population of boar now in britain and i think thats a great thing and dont hear of many people complaining.

several of the photos posted above I took..the HUGE GRIZZLY Squared 9'9" one of biggest 50 of all time Boone and Crockett, the masssive cariboo..397 again world record book, and finally the stone sheep approx 172 again world record...we get LOTS of big animals here in BC CANADA....I have helped 7 folks put world record bears , sheep,and cariboo in the books in past few years GLAD you fellow hunters enjoy the photos..

cheers

Steven Rupp

Williams Lake BC

CANADA

The most species to hunt?

NO Texas has over 60 big game animals available on ranches, but they are not native.

BC Has Rocky Mountain Elk, Roosevelt Elk, Blacktail deer, whitetail deer, mule deer, black bear, grizzly bear, stone sheep, dall's sheep, fannin sheep, California bighorns, rocky mountain bighorns, mountain goat, canadian moose, and both bison, lynx, bobcat, wolf, wolverine, mt lion, mountain caribou, and brown bears.

I booked a bear trip in Idaho once but couldnt go for personal reasons , it said you had to pack all the bear meat out . I never thought of eating bear before , how would you cook it and whats it like . The other thing is if you get a tag for elk , white tail , mule deer , black bear and moose how bigs your freezer :)

several of the photos posted above I took..the HUGE GRIZZLY Squared 9'9" one of biggest 50 of all time Boone and Crockett, the masssive cariboo..397 again world record book, and finally the stone sheep approx 172 again world record...we get LOTS of big animals here in BC CANADA....I have helped 7 folks put world record bears , sheep,and cariboo in the books in past few years GLAD you fellow hunters enjoy the photos..

hi srupp welcome
and again thanks for allowing me to show some of your awesome animals
thanks daN

the most species to hunt?

No texas has over 60 big game animals available on ranches, but they are not native.

Bc has rocky mountain elk, roosevelt elk, blacktail deer, whitetail deer, mule deer, black bear, grizzly bear, stone sheep, dall's sheep, fannin sheep, california bighorns, rocky mountain bighorns, mountain goat, canadian moose, and both bison, lynx, bobcat, wolf, wolverine, mt lion, mountain caribou, and brown bears.

are yes i forgot about texes
my aploagies i stand corrected :doh:

bear is like pork..it MUST be well cooked..so no TRICHINOSIS...bad diesease if not cooked enough..some like sausage or smoked hams....better if all fat trimmed

when hunting multiple animals ie elk moose deer, in one season..I have a 22square foot freezer it can handle a moose boned out steaks etc AND A elk boned out steaks etc...

theres LAWAYS some one in need...

cheers

Steven

Back