x bolt owners

speedystu

Im off to possibly buy an x bolt stalker tomorrow and would like to know your feeling on yours? and what ammo you are putting through it! also the duro touch stock! do you get any stock wobble? thanks all ss.:cool:

sorry forgot to put it will be .243

Last edited:
cant fault mine, love it, its a .308 and i use sako 123g game heads, no regrets buying it

Have a .243. excellent accuracy, nice and light. Have used various 100gr , Hornady, RWS and Federal. All seem to shoot equally well. All in all - excellent rifle.

Have an x bolt stainless synthetic in .223rem for foxing and roe north of the border, great rifle for the price a bit choosy on what factory ammo it shoots, federal powershocks 55g are very good through it and partizan 55g psp another, hates remington though.
not a bad trigger when you back it of to min. You could do a lot worse for the money, also not seen any for sale second hand either so any body who has bought one seems to be keeping them.
A new version has just come out with a fluted barrel so you may be able to negotiate a discount on the early models.
sinbad

I've got an X -Bolt .243 Stainless Stalker. Excellent rifle, can't fault it. Shoots very well with 100 grain federal factory ammo and various home loads. For the range, 90 grain FMJBT, spot on.

An excellent rifle for the money.

yes i think i might be have to see if he can get hold oh the fluted x bolt vv nice looking rifle lets hope it shoots well

I was with my mate (RFD) he had the first demo’ model off the importer for field testing, good rifle the only grip I could have was the plastic mag’ let it down a little other than that very good rifle.

ATB

Tahr

Hi Stu,

I have one in .270 with Doc 8x56 glass on top and a Pred 8 up the sharp end. Absolutely terrific rifle and the price is good as well.
I was using Winchester Super X (150grns) originally which would group all in 1.5" @ 150 mtrs. but not what I considered consistently.
Switched to Federal Power shocks (150 grns again) and it now puts all in 1" @ 150mtrs. consistently and will very often put bullet on bullet when I'm in the groove.
A really good combination and all straight out of the box (No discernable stock wobble by the way)

Happy days and enjoy bach

Rocky

X Bolt

I also have one in 243. I recently got it recrowned, not that it shot bad at all just wanted to see if i could make it any better and i felt a 11 degree target crown a bit easier to keep clean.

As previous posters have said great rifle for the money and light even when scoped up.

Cheers

i have one in 7mm08 and can,t fault it,it wears a zeiss 3-12x56 diavari and custom mod, shoots less than a inch with home loads and a inch or there abouts with federal fusion 140 grain,does,nt like remmy 140 grain core lokts.the stock felt alot better than the stock on a tikka t3 to me and it feels very solid

I've got the stainless one in .243, I've only tried a couple of brands of ammo and it likes Winchester best. I'm very impressed with it, the mag is good, the safety is good and the button that allows you to extract the round from the breech whilst keeping the safety on is a an excellent feature.

They come mod threaded but with a cap if you need it. It's my first synthetic/stainless rifle and I was torn between the Tikka T3 (having had a M55) and the Browning (all my shotguns are Browning or Miroku). 2 things swung it for me, firstly the fact that the barrell is well bedded and secondly that I'd heard a few reports that some T3s stocks are a bit flimsy.

All in all terrific value.

i have one in 270win its a1,with 130 seirra sp and r22 1/4 groups mate and with that recoil pad its like shooting my 243win you will not regate it i don/t

Im off to possibly buy an x bolt stalker tomorrow and would like to know your feeling on yours? and what ammo you are putting through it! also the duro touch stock! do you get any stock wobble? thanks all ss.:cool:

sorry forgot to put it will be .243

Had mine for a few months now. I knew as soon as I picked it up at the gun dealers that this was the one for me, it just felt right. I have .243 S/S and I would guess I have put about 30-40 rounds through it so far, 100gn Fed P/shok. Am amazed how accurate it is out of the box, and with a northstar mod there is hardly any flinch at all. Stock is good to the touch, although I suppose time will tell if the feel of it remains. No stock wobble, which is more than I could have said about my last Tikka T3 synth! Trigger was a little heavy to start, but I reduced mine to minimum and it now breaks like glass. Thumbs up from me anyway...:thumb:

i also have x bolt ss, dose anbody know if there is a trigger kit for this rifle?
I haven't found one yet, but would also be interested to know??? :confused: Although I think the standard one is still a high quality unit, I prefer a slightly lighter trigger pull than I have currently.
Timney

I believe you can replace the spring in the trigger to a lighter one to reduce the pull weight looks easy (there are instructions and photos on the web, just type in x bolt trigger adjustment) but not sure where you would get a spring!!!!
Sinbad

fantastic bit of kit!

:D i've got s/s stalker in .243 with s & b 8x56 on top and pes t12 on the end, does not flinch one iota! stock feels lovley magazine is a dream to pop in and out, safety is in the right place you wont go far wrong with one of these baby's!! i use winchester 95grain ballistic tips, they work a treat- neck shot a charlie at 250yds friday night spot on!

I think you can infer from this is that everybody loves there X Bolt. I got one as well in 243 and think it is the dogs hairy bits.
Downsides, Trigger. I am trying to get my hands on a stock spring so I can get a lighter one to replace it.
Magazine. Don't lose it. They cost about £50.

Ammo 95 grain. 1 1.2 inch groups. more likely down to me.

I have just bought a SS .243 x-Bolt. What a fantastic bit of kit.

Winchester and Fedral ammo used with great accuacy every time. Ammo 100 grain

If your thinking about one buy it!!!

Back