Thread: Steyr SSG 69 PII - Five round magazine

Steyr SSG 69 PII - Five round magazine

Hi
    I am just wondering if anyone knows where you can get spare 5 round mags for the Steyr SSG69 PII .308? They seem to be hard to come by; I am enquiring for someone as a favour and I said I would make some enquiries on the SD forum. Please PM me if you know of any for sale, or with any further info and I will pass this on. I haven't put this in the classifieds "wanted" section as I was just really putting the feelers out first.

Cheers
    Timney

Hi Timney , I had to get a replacement for my P1 as the original self destructed in a highseat and was left scratching around looking for the bits , The Sportsmans replaced it ...but they dragged their feet . I believe they do a ten round box mag but hens teeth comes to mind.

The 10 round mag is not supported by Steyr so very hard to find - the likes of Sportsman won't stock it. In all honesty they're not worth it as they are cheaply made and prone to stoppages.

The 5 round rotary mag will set you back approx 50 and can be ordered direct or through a dealer. Imust have went through 6 of the bloody things!

Does anyone make any after market magazines for the ssg's which are stronger? Iv had no problems with my 10 round mag, but the 5 round has split and now only takes 3 bullets!(which is fine for hunting)!
    atb James

hi fella, mill ranges cumbria will sort you out. after buying a ssg69 pll, for a trip to germany shooting boar i wanted a spare mag. i was traveling within 7 days and the guy at mill range arrange for the mag to be sent to me within 3 days.
    i paid 40 ish no more that 45.

its the same mag as the one that came with the rifle its tough robust - to suit the rifle.

if you want contact details i can give

regards harry

Quote Originally Posted by angryasthesky View Post
    hi fella, mill ranges cumbria will sort you out. after buying a ssg69 pll, for a trip to germany shooting boar i wanted a spare mag. i was traveling within 7 days and the guy at mill range arrange for the mag to be sent to me within 3 days.
    i paid 40 ish no more that 45.

its the same mag as the one that came with the rifle its tough robust - to suit the rifle.

if you want contact details i can give

regards harry
    Thanks for that Harry. Didn't realise they had them. I know where Mill Range is, and have been there a couple of times already so thanks for the info, I will pass this on.
    Timney

Thanks to everyone that responded. Harry, I have contacted Low Mill Ranges and they stock the magazines so all has ended well....