6mm xc

I met a fellow who shot a 6X and he said it was a definite shoulder shrug when it came to practical application stating that the 243 was as effective. The XC looks like a vehicle to sell dies and brass. Do you have one?? I read Tubbs' claims about less barrel wear due to less powder usage than a 243. When you shorten a case you should most sensibly conclude that the powder charge must also be lowered... but the pressures given by like powders, must be equal to drive a bullet at the same speeds as does the larger case. Pressure and heat burn barrels regardless of the powder quantity. His web site looks like a gigantic sales pitch to me... but I'm a cynic. What is your take on it??~Muir

I met a fellow who shot a 6X and he said it was a definite shoulder shrug when it came to practical application stating that the 243 was as effective. The XC looks like a vehicle to sell dies and brass. Do you have one?? I read Tubbs' claims about less barrel wear due to less powder usage than a 243. When you shorten a case you should most sensibly conclude that the powder charge must also be lowered... but the pressures given by like powders, must be equal to drive a bullet at the same speeds as does the larger case. Pressure and heat burn barrels regardless of the powder quantity. His web site looks like a gigantic sales pitch to me... but I'm a cynic. What is your take on it??~Muir

i am not owner of one, because in sweden it would only qualify for roe deer hunting and i have already a 222 rem, which i don't use for roe deer !
i shoot the roe with my 6,5x55 and bigger games with my 3006 rifles(ruger 77 all weather and a full stock mannlicher schoenauer model 1950).
i believe that 6 mm xc may could be a nice round for UK , because it can be used for deers and compretition too.
the only advantage of 6 mm xc is fast twist rate(1/8 inches)which can stabilise long heavy bullets and very accurate norma diamond line match cartridges! LOL.
in a light very handy rifle with short barrel it would be a nice choice for UK if boars are not on the menu.
regards
daniel

Ah! These guys would screw a moderator on the end and there would go "light and handy"! :p

It is an interesting cartridge but one of many that will do a similar job. I ran the gamut of wild cat and custom cartridges in my youth and spent a great deal of money and energy on them. Now I believe in a simpler approach!~Muir

Ah! These guys would screw a moderator on the end and there would go "light and handy"! :p

It is an interesting cartridge but one of many that will do a similar job. I ran the gamut of wild cat and custom cartridges in my youth and spent a great deal of money and energy on them. Now I believe in a simpler approach!~Muir

it seems puting a sound moderator to the end of the barrel is a hot trend now!!
a rifle with such a device is no longer handy a nice looking gun becomes ugly and clumsy:p
if the noise is an issue then a nice little ear protection device is easier to carry and much cheaper too!
the only advantage of 6 mm xc is lack of recoil and high accuracy in a light short action handy rifle suitable for the youth and beginers du to the light recoil.

it seems puting a sound moderator to the end of the barrel is a hot trend now!!
a rifle with such a device is no longer handy a nice looking gun becomes ugly and clumsy:p
if the noise is an issue then a nice little ear protection device is easier to carry and much cheaper too!
the only advantage of 6 mm xc is lack of recoil and high accuracy in a light short action handy rifle suitable for the youth and beginers du to the light recoil.

I've been telling JAYB that for years! :rolleyes: :D~Muir

Luckily we're not all victims of fashion Muir,some of us still like the bare bones approach and have shoulders big enough to soak up a bit of recoil but i fear we are the minority these days,yours sincerely A.Lepper.;):lol:

Back