whats your favourite?

whats your favourite quarry

• Total voters
all of them
why because each one is different and they are all as challenging as each other

The Mole said:
Swampy, I'm surprised at you - where's the muntie button?! :confused: Do you have some kind of agenda here? :eek:
damn mole
never saw that
maybe i should post a few pics to show swampy what they look like :lol:

Women!! :lol:
OH DEER! not old Dears! Gotta be a big Red, :D The ultimate challenge!! as all species are ;) !!If its your hat wear it but change it now and again!, Basically Whatever's in season legal and eatable ! RED RED RED
followed by all others! yup in a nutshell, love em all. Regards Trapper (Roy)

Rope deer for me, why?
1. It`s the only one on my permission.
2. We bagged two this evening (i`ll post a write up and pics tuesday) one of them i had to drag around the edge of one and a half wheat fields, bugger that with the Red and the Fallow!!
basil.

munty

I meant to put it on, i initially put all species male and female, but they had too many options, i deleted some and must have deleted Muntjac.

I like stalking Roe buck best.

steve

What's your favourite

For Roe and muntjac, it has to be the best. The summer mornings and evenings, the smell of the newly harvested cornfields, no traffic noise, just the sound of nature and the fantastic sunsets.

I do like Sika, but also Fallow and Roe. Only shot 6ish Reds lots of Roe, but I would have to say Sika are the best for me.

SikaHind11Feb0801.jpg

Sika, for me is the choice of quarry, luckily I have some, Roe is the choice for dragging unluckily don't get many.

Mind you the way I am lately I am quite fond of a nice Buck rabbit :D :D

John

How can one beat sika in rough terrain?
Took this Picture a few weeks ago, Sika hind was watching me.

DSCN1488.jpg

edi

My vote is for roe simply because it is mainly what is on my ground.

There are a few reds but I've always got to think if I shot one can I get it back down to the forest road and then how the **** do I get it in to my car and down the road :rolleyes:

Anything other than a staggie or a young hind won't fit in the back of my car.

Nick

Edi

would the Sika hind be in a Yew thicket by any chance?

We have lots of limestone pavement covered in Yew where I am , it is absolutely treacherous when wet.

Quarry of choice are Reds for me, lucky to get to knock a few over each year, secondary choice is Roe, damn site easier to extract!

15 stone staggie taken last year
6pointerashtead.png

Shot from here, staggie was about 150 yds away at tree line at 50 degree incline.

6pointerlineofsight.png

Took three hours to extract

Mine has to be muntjac & Roe :D there great little creatures :D
Redmist
Nice stag but whats happened to your face in the photo :eek: how did you see that stag mate you have no eyes :eek: :D :D :D :D

Sika Stags what a challange when the rut in on that whistle makes the hair on your neck stand up :eek: :eek: :eek:
you know he is their somewhere close.....
amberdog

witch you like best

over 25 years + having shot all species and now being round 5000 mark i have shot. i find sika the most challenging . They dont seem to think like other deer far more cunning and wary a real challenge to the stalker and his knowledge and patience or i may just be getting crap in old age ( dont answer this one as i think i know the answer ) MUDDY

Back