Thread: My scope won't fit!

My scope won't fit!

I just got one of the red dot type laser sights. the dovetail groove on my Tikka is too narrow for the clamp on the sight. What is the best way forward without spending a large wad of cash on fitting a cheap red dot sight?

I looked at Warne converters but they are about half the price of the sight itself for a small bit of machined steel.

If all else fails I'll have to get the callipers and files out. Any leads would be appreciated.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    I just got one of the red dot type laser sights. the dovetail groove on my Tikka is too narrow for the clamp on the sight. What is the best way forward without spending a large wad of cash on fitting a cheap red dot sight?

I looked at Warne converters but they are about half the price of the sight itself for a small bit of machined steel.

If all else fails I'll have to get the callipers and files out. Any leads would be appreciated.

Mark
    what rifle calibre are you attaching it to

Not sure how it helps, but it's going on a Tikka 695 in 30.06 caliber.
    Thanks for asking none the less.

Mark

Get a dovetail to weaver rail off ebay under a tenner delivered, come from hong kong in about 7 days

Not sure how it helps, but it's going on a Tikka 695 in 30.06 caliber.
    Thanks for asking none the less.

Mark
    hi,

i wanted to know so i could advise you of an option to assist.
    obviously if its an air rifle the answer will be different to a centre fire and or rim fire.
    my next question would be to what distances and what quarry.

atb frank

Try jsrams they do a dove to weaver nice and flat come in a pair ive used them lots on my airguns they are ok only 10app , distance whatever you can hit a 10p at , max say 35yds been realistic rabbits , pigeons

Mark
    It's God's way of telling you not to bother putting that cheap bit of electronic gadgetry on such a nice rifle. ~Muir

(Been there, done that with red-dots. )