Warm 100% Wateproof Windproof Jacket for quad users

Double four

I use a quad most days and during the bad weather freezing temps snow storms we experienced, i was sick of drying coats off feeling cold and coming home looking like an iceberg.

I couldn't get down our road for a week never mind getting to my shooting in a motor, so the fourtrax was a godsend and a necessity.
Even though i have some expensive american waterfowl / sweedish wet weather gear i sill felt the cold and damp with the wet snowy weather coupled with severe wind chill.

I had a kobuck neoprene wading jacket from cabelas hung in the shed that i had to use as a last resort as all my coats were now soaking, what a difference ! although its short no matter the temp wind chill snow and sleet driving rain i remaind bone dry and warm how ever fast i travelled.

I use it daily imho its the best thing since sliced bread , might not be everyones cup of tea but it certainly works on a quad especially in adverse weather conditions, just thought i would share my experience with anyone needing a proper watertight jacket . Df

s7_941025_016_01

s7_941025_016_01

neoprene like other fabrics can come in different grades/ composition

for eaxample i have neoprene gloves which like a wetsuit let water in but coz of the tight fit it keeps a layer of moisture /water next to your skin which is heated by the body and keeps you warm

or other types like my diving DRY suit which is compressed neoprene and is fully waterproof... and come out after diving bone dry...or if i am wet maybe i forgot it was a drysuit and not my wetsuit and i just pished myself:D
paullochduich6thfeb20112.jpg

Back