Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sounds like they did the right thing?

he has wrong'un written all over him !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Sounds like he was loosing the argument and tried to play the race card, sure sign of an ass#ole.

He was trying to get a pistol for humane dispatch? Some of the key board warriors would do well to consider their behaviour in light of all this. If the reports are accurate I woild say the cops and judge got this one right.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Pretty evidently a gun cuddler. Glad they told him where to go. On the the pistol thing, and I know some will disagree but I see no need for anyone to have a pistol. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by aliS; 14-02-2011 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    Pretty evidently a gun cuddler. Glad the told him where to go. On the the pistol thing, and I know some will disagree but I see no need for anyone to have a pistol. Just my opinion though.
    It seems from this elderly report that he was ill-informed about shooting, inclined to behave irresponsibly with his firearms and had behaved in a such a way as to cause more-responsible people to raise perfectly reasonable doubts with the Police concerning his fitness to hold firearms, which in any case he seemed to have no good reason to hold.
    As a result, he's lost his FAC and SGC; which certainly does seem a perfectly reasonable outcome.

I'm not sure that the use of the term 'gun cuddler' adds much, and it is interesting to note that there might be those on this forum who, like Mr. Blair and the members of the Gun Control Network, see no need for anyone to have a pistol.

Am I a 'keyboard warrior', I wonder? Or am I just someone who resents the loss on spurious grounds of lawful pistol ownership, hopes (weakly) for its restoration, and wishes that people would realise that it is possible 'not to see the need' for something without being pleased that it is unlawful or vilifying in advance those who disagree with their position: which given the history of firearms control in this country might in any case be seen as short-sighted.

Just my opinion, of course.
    Last edited by Dalua; 14-02-2011 at 20:19.

Whats wrong with the term gun cuddler?

He showed no reason to posses weapons and from the report acted in a fashion which does not represent the shooting fraternity.

So he was not a stalker, target shooter, etc... so what was he other than a nut job?

This thread is not a debate on pistol ownership maybe I should retract my statement from above. My position on the matter, regarding whether or not I am 'Pleased' with the loss of lawful pistol ownership, isn't clear from my above post.
    Last edited by aliS; 15-02-2011 at 03:34.

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    I see no need for anyone to have a pistol.
    Like the gun cuddler term. As a matter of interest do you think recreational deer stalkers 'need' to have a rifle.

yes, why wouldn't I...

Just cant see why someone 'needs' a rifle anymore than a pistol, if they are both for recreational purposes.

OK, I concede, I understand your points.

I don't need a rifle, but I enjoy stalking as well as shooting rabbits and foxes and owning a rifle allows me to do this.

I don't need a pistol, but I enjoy ...INSERT ANSWER... target shooting? you can still do that in .22 with certain clubs? Humane Dispatch, what is wrong with a .410? Need something bigger, why not a long barrel pistol calibre gun?