Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Anyone applied to the KC to rgister a dog?

  1. #1

    Anyone applied to the KC to rgister a dog?

    I have a Lab here that I would like to breed with but he was never registered.

    I have tracked down the owners of the Sire and Dam and both are going to send me the pedigrees of their dogs.

    Hopefully I can get in touch with the KC and register my dog.

    Anyone done it?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

  2. #2
    Dan, I am not certain but I believe the pups must be registered by the breeder, if they were then its just a case of having it transfered to you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Dan, I am not certain but I believe the pups must be registered by the breeder, if they were then its just a case of having it transfered to you.
    Thats not always the case, if the Bitch has had more than 6 litters or is more than 7 years old then the KC wont register the litter. The mother of my dog was more than 7 at the time of whelping. I have found the owner of the Bitch and she is willing to help.

    Im hoping they would make an exeption, Ive heard of it before.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

  4. #4
    You are correct Dan but i am sure there is an age limit , anyway i got my dogs papers when she was 8 months old i had to get the full kc pedigree of both dog and bitch and it did cost me a bit more this was a long while ago but i am sure it can still be done.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Thats not always the case, if the Bitch has had more than 6 litters or is more than 7 years old then the KC wont register the litter. The mother of my dog was more than 7 at the time of whelping. I have found the owner of the Bitch and she is willing to help.

    Im hoping they would make an exeption, Ive heard of it before.
    If they would not register it then as the litter was not eligible , then they should not register it now from my understanding
    be interested to hear if they do

  6. #6
    The KC will register anything at anytime if you have the money!! 60 for a late registration was the last I heard.

  7. #7
    I wouldnt bother if your happy with the dog , just what do the kc do with all the money they earn from registering pups and show fees ? They dont put much back into it do they

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    I wouldnt bother if your happy with the dog , just what do the kc do with all the money they earn from registering pups and show fees ? They dont put much back into it do they
    I AM happy with the dog but I would like a pup off him and a local trial lad would like to breed with him but wont touch him without a Reg number and pedigree, if I manage to get him registered Il get the pup as nobody would touch a dog without papers.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

  9. #9
    Plenty of keepers would have a pup , i only breed a litter when i want a pup myself the rest i give to mates , none of the lads got a bitch you can use

  10. #10
    Helpfulness, flexibility and Kennel Club are not words that you often hear in the same sentence! Good luck! JC

Similar Threads

  1. How do you use your dog?
    By Sam in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 19:57
  2. Unreasonable condition applied to FAC- Advice please
    By Cyres in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 19-02-2010, 10:58
  3. KC request to GOV. Petition Response
    By techman in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 16:35
  4. Petition against the KC.
    By basil in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-06-2009, 17:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •