Up to no good

mudman

Leading on from the previous thread about a stolen highseat I was wondering if anyone on here as ever caught anybody red handed in the act of thieving ?

Most of the farms I frequent have fallen victim at some time or another, stolen quadbikes, chainsaws, fuel, tools etc etc etc, but hardly anybody ever sees the the culprit(s), they just go for something from a shed and find it is not there !

As stalkers we are generally out at unusual hours and as likely candidates as anyone to witness someone up to no good.

Hi All
Many years ago while i was a youngish squaddy me and my mate caught a scrote breaking into a car in a carpark in Bournemouth about six weeks after my own car had been done in the same carpark, any way we grabbed hold of him and he resisted so we resisted back with our boots.While we were resisting him some of the bouncers in the nightclub across the road saw what was happening and came and dragged us off him and severely remonstrated with us for going over the top,they said we should have just held him and called the police it turned out to be a car belonging to one of the bouncers who was a serving marine at Poole, while the marine was giving him a good kicking we did try to explain that perhaps he should just call the police,funny he ignored us
Geordie

Many years ago I was driving through one of my management forests when I passed a parked small lorrry loaded with Xmas trees which had been sawn off.
A large dog was jumping about on the front seat but no-one was in sight.
I did not recognise the vehicle and was curious as to why these trees were being taken in view of their age group which was years in excess of Xmas tree size so I noted down the registration number.
Further along my road I passed some trees which had fallen off the lorry.
I found no deer as obviously the area had been disturbed.
When I returned the vehicle had gone.
Upon my return home I notified the Estate Office who then contacted the Police. A constable called to see me and took notes of the incident also the slip of paper upon which I had registered the vehicle details.
Subsequently two persons were charged with theft. I was not called as a witness as the Police got them whilst they were still in possession of the trees.

HWH.

Back in the 90s i was a copper. My mate and i were called out to a farm just off the M23 where we caught a pervert performing 'sexual acts' on a cow :lol:

Some members may recall that Viz had a strip (for one issue only) called Thieving Gypsy B******s. The Roma Council (quite rightly) decided to take legal action against this highly prejudiced satirical strip. Unfortunately, one of the plaintiffs had at the time been charged with (and subsequently found guilty of) handling stolen goods. :D

Last edited:
How big a list do you want Rich
I hav been shot at, almost run over on several occassions as they made or tryed to make their getta-way, punched and nearly stabbed aprehending quite a few scum over the years
chased many across the fields and invovled the police in many instances where we had caught or cornered such scum
even followed them back to their houses and asked for the cash for the trees they had stolen
chased numerous individuals as they made of with power tools and petrol saws
if it ain't nailed , down it ain't safe
at one time I used to hav a pager 24/7 that worked off the parimeter fence alarm system, thank god I don't need it anymore
the funniest one of all to date that I can remember was a pair of brothers that came midday in their own van registered to one of them, they rammed open a loocked gate and tried to do over one of the farm cottages
as they tried to escape driving around the fields trying to evade us
they got stuck , van still in gear was left with wheels spinning as they legged it
in the mean time the police had arrived and there was a prossession of 2 lads legging it on foot, a bloke in a JCB giving chase after them who was then followed by me in a golf buggy
along the way I picked up 2 uniformed officers and there was also police car behind us by then
bit like a keystone cop ordeal
the 2 lads were picked up later that night but funny as eck at the time

A couple of years ago i caught some Yans stealing red diesel from the farm where i lamp as the farmer was on holiday.... lamping ground forever!!

Crikey, was he standing on the milking stool ?

HWH.

Nope, he'd been a very bad boy and the cow had stepped back onto him during. Basically the cow trampled the dirty bugger into the mud. We only found him because of his sobbing and wailing. We found him with his skivs down around his ankles, literally covered in cow **** and on his back in thick mud.

Giving evidence some months later was certainly unique.

Very funny at night, instances too numerous to list, the level of amusement usually rises in ratio, to how long you leave it, before you engage the two tractor batteries powering the Roo light on whatever is taking place.

The down side of "Up to no good"

About 17/18 years ago,I had been out lamping and came home about 2.00 in the morning to have a cuppa before heading out again. I took the rifles into the house and sat down with my tea and promtly fell asleep. I awoke about 04.30 and went outside but no truck!It took a while to realise it had been stolen .At first I thought one of my mates was playing silly bu***s.
Long story short,
Two guys(part of a gang of six) had passed my way on their rounds and rolled my truck to the bottom of the hill and started it away from the house .Off they went.
They met the rest of the crew on the dual carraigeway about 3 miles down the road ,and were getting from one vehicle into the next when a transit full of policemen returning from a night out,saw them and collared the lot.

The downside is that they all got community bloody service! AND I GOT FINED £200 FOR LEAVING AMMUNITION IN THE TRUCK!(Just glad I took the rifles in!)

Bas***** want their hands cutting off!

During my time with the Polis I spent about three years doing surveillance work, mostly on drug dealers and good class travelling criminals.
There is nothing better than successfully following criminals, watching how they operate (the very good ones apply anti surveillance techniques), applying their "trade" in overcoming alarm systems/security and the actual breaking in knowing that all the time we were alerting the troops who were busy surrounding the crime scene for a capture. Amazing just how many even well experienced criminals would stop during a break in to have a crap. I recall being at a bowling club and one of the bad boys walked straight over the bowling green and had a dump in the bushes only about 6 ft from where I was lying. Happy days with mega overtime.

My olds mate had a lorry knicked never to be seen again , two years later he was nearly run over by it while on holiday in greece , it still had his name and number painted on the side

My olds mate had a lorry knicked never to be seen again , two years later he was nearly run over by it while on holiday in greece , it still had his name and number painted on the side

That's just double unlucky!!!

Out lamping one night we had just crossed over from the oneside of the farm to the other when we saw lights coming down the lane. A bit late for old Dia to be out we thought so turned and waited at the gate. Bloke drives up in an astra max van grabs a load of containers and makes for the red diesel. The next bit is censored but we did notice a dark patch growing in his crotch as he went for his van. He went out down the lane and parked up. He was followed by us and we discided to tell him to bugger off for good only to see him trying to mop up the stain. Needless to say Dia was chuffed when we told him the following week.

The farm I shoot on is famous in it's own small way....

Did anyone watch police interceptors and see the episode where the ANPR camera flagged up a car on the Dartford Bridge, wanted in connection with the theft of a bale of hay from a farm honesty shop? They then nicked and prosecuted the driver.... lots of jokes by the police about the thief getting "bail".

A very small victory given that at the same farm, using the same CCTV equipment the people that nicked the two JCBs, drained the fuel tank and stole the gates haven't been caught....

Interestingly, the hay thief was a 50 year old old Joe Bloggs who thought he would get away with it. Not all thieves have caravans or black and white striped jerseys with swag bags.

One of our local farms will let anyone who asks shoot pigeons, my mate has shot game there for years, one day we found 4 empty hides, looking around we found 4 blokes dragging the quad out of the shed and into the van they were in,

they still let anyone on the land???

While training as a lad at at a large FC location in Northumberland.

back in the day when the FC was not obsessed with paperwork, contracts, recreation and 'elfin safety - we used to regularly go out at night doing poacher patrols, sitting in a vehicle at a good viewpoint in the early hours we could see any vehicle coming up or down the valley a good seven miles off, and if they went off the road into the forest we knew they were up to no good.

anyway, one night, vehicle spotted, we knew he was on a loop road, so called up someone else and approached from both ends, driving in we also knew that he now couldn't get out without passing on of us... off to the side, we see a knackered old blue 4WD with a trailer - lights go on, off goes a quad bike from the back, up a ride, into the forest - we jump out, and I spot something discreet and red in a ditch, under some brash - the red soled on a pair of oregon green boots, attached to a 16 stone scrote who had been out nicking ATV's and hiding them in the forest... well, we drag him out the ditch, and he struggles and legs it - police called out, vehicle impounded, police dogs search the area but too wet for a scent (so the lads put me forward as a volunteer so the dog is happy at having found someone, ****s, Alsation with feet on both my shoulders and teeth an inch from my face, in the dark - only instruction to me from copper was to keep my arms by my side and stand still - bloody hell.) Helicopter wouldn't come out with its IR, as it was too far out in the sticks.

anyway, police picked m'laddo up the next day walking down the main road - thought he was drunk at first but turned out he had hypothermia :lol:

court case, last minute guilty plea, six months in the nick - jobs a goodun!

... well, we drag him out the ditch, and he struggles and legs it - police called out, vehicle impounded, police dogs search the area but too wet for a scent (so the lads put me forward as a volunteer so the dog is happy at having found someone, ****s, Alsation with feet on both my shoulders and teeth an inch from my face, in the dark - only instruction to me from copper was to keep my arms by my side and stand still - bloody hell.)

Bet you didn't need telling that twice!!!:eek::eek::eek::lol:

Back