Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reminton 770

reminton 770

right chaps what do i think off this i have been looking at a reminton 770 with a wildcat moderator in 243. cal . what do we all think chap ?? -

It should be cheap. Is it new? How much has it done? What are you going to be doing with it? I have one in .243 and whilst on one hand it shoots prvi cheap ammo into just over an inch at 100 yds and has never faile to do the job, it has to be said it's very cheaply made. I don't think it would last a lifetime and I'm told the barrel is press fit into the action not threaded so when its shot out, bye bye.

That said if you're going to fire 10 shots at deer a year and a hanful of zeroing- why shouldn't it last well?

I felt a bit cheated when I'd had mine for a while and I'm still half tempted to find out exactly what edgar bros 3 year "no quibble gaurantee" means, because there's nothing actually wrong with it....but....I don't honestly like it very much.

Tom

If its cheap then fine but they are ugly as f***. The reviews that I have seen have suggested that they shoot ok though. I think they are aimed at the once a year american hunter who pops down to walmart to buy his rifle

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    If its cheap then fine but they are ugly as f***. The reviews that I have seen have suggested that they shoot ok though. I think they are aimed at the once a year american hunter who pops down to walmart to buy his rifle
    i agree , i nearly bought one for the wife but thought better off it !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by bennunn View Post
    right chaps what do i think off this i have been looking at a reminton 770 with a wildcat moderator in 243. cal . what do we all think chap ?? -
    Total rubbish. Might make a good canoe anchor. I would be insulted if I was given one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Total rubbish. Might make a good canoe anchor. I would be insulted if I was given one.
    I didn't like to say that! To be fair mine does shoot straight-ish reliably and its very utilitarian which has a certain appeal. What do you think of my comment re the 3 year no quibble guarantee?

I wouldn't use one to spank the dogs arse..............the deer deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Oh god, i agree with Brithunter!

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Oh god, i agree with Brithunter!
    ............... sorry about that but I believe that Remington outdid themselves on this one.

I have never handled one, personally, but the reviews I have read seem to be inspired by happy shooters. Most think it a bit crude, but none complain about accuracy and function in the non-magnum calibers. The 300WM shooters seem to hate them but it's probably because they get the bejeezus kicked out of them. I wonder who makes them? They are a heavy manufacturing/design departure from Remington's norm.

Personally, I wouldn't own one. The look terrible and probably feel like the awful Model 710~Muir