Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Medal Fallow in Cheshire

Silver Medal Fallow in Cheshire

I was interested to see that in the Shooting Times list of other species published today a silver medal fallow buck was recorded from Cheshire. The interest is that Cheshire is actually pretty clear of deer for a county as large and rural as it is, save for some reds in the far east and munties along the Dane valley there's not too much in the way of a wild deer presence and I wasn't aware of any significant fallow.

It would be interesting to know where this animal came from, it was reported as "wild".

Apart from this animal there were another 9 wild fallow medals (including 5 golds) which is far more than usual. The biggest fallow was interesting as it came from Norfolk, again an area not normally associated with trophy wild fallow heads. There was also a cracking red from the Euston estate in Suffolk, a beautifully balanced 12 pointer that is far more attractive than the recent new record, 39 CWD golds and 44 gold medal munties.
    Last edited by paul k; 16-02-2011 at 15:02.

How did the 'Emperor of Exmoor' rank?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    How did the 'Emperor of Exmoor' rank?
    The only Devon red was a silver at 181.1 CIC points. The Emperor might come out of hiding next year
    Last edited by paul k; 16-02-2011 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by paul k View Post
    The only Devon red was a silver at 181.1 CIC points. The Emperor might come out of hiding next year

The biggest fallow was interesting as it came from Norfolk, again an area not normally associated with trophy wild fallow heads.
    Escapee?

Dunham Massey and Tatton Park both have fallow deer
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

And Lyme Park
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Fallow at Eaton Hall too.

Those Euston reds are magnificent specimens.
    Last edited by Iwrch; 16-02-2011 at 17:53.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Some nice deer at Lyme Park we used to see them a few years ago when we shot pheasant there.
    There is a place for all gods creatures in this world, on my plates by the veggies and gravy

Not all of the heads shot this year got to the list I have two gold cwds that was not in the list have spoke to them today and it seems there are a few that got missed off and they will be put in next years list.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Fallow at Eaton Hall too.

Those Euston reds are magnificent specimens.
    they certainly are been lucky enough to have shot one last year .