Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox Carcass Disposal

Fox Carcass Disposal

OK, Guys, Here it is. I went to my ground on the 4th and then on the 8th of February.
    I noticed this decomposing fox carcass laid out for all the world to see.
    Logic dictates to me that this was shot on Saturday the 5th.

I've moved the carcass now, but I'm not too impressed about tidying up after other people.

It does make me wonder why I am going to efforts to dispose of gralloch in a "considerate" way when others obviously don't have the same mind set.

So as they say up here in Dumfriesshire - Gonna no dae that.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by DL View Post
    OK, Guys, Here it is. I went to my ground on the 4th and then on the 8th of February.
    I noticed this decomposing fox carcass laid out for all the world to see.
    Logic dictates to me that this was shot on Saturday the 5th.

I've moved the carcass now, but I'm not too impressed about tidying up after other people.

It does make me wonder why I am going to efforts to dispose of gralloch in a "considerate" way when others obviously don't have the same mind set.

So as they say up here in Dumfriesshire - Gonna no dae that.

Wan deid fox?

Gonnae no dae ma heid in?

If the John Muir Trust can leave an alleged 40 deer carcasses to rot up Glen Nevis what's the problem with one solitary fox?

I sometimes shoot foxes and if they are too far away I dont bother with them. The crows, owls and other predators and carrion normally clean them up big time.

Next time I will throw them in the woods just to keep you sweet.

There is a fox laid in a field near here,

must have been shot from the road, it was there before Xmas, I can still see it from the car.

how fast do you think they go?

OK, My reasons for being less than impressed. The place is a community woodland.
    Lots of walkers and all the rest.

What ever PC phrase us rifle men are using to describe ourselves these days - whether it's pest controllers or deer managers, I think it's time to do ourselves a favour and not sway public perception by doing this type of thing.

In a community woodland your right this is out of order. In the middle of no where it doesn't really matter what you do, I usually like to retrieve the carcase and at least deposit it in the nearest hedge bottom out of the way.

Tom

Guys out of Sight out of Mind. The sight of any dead animal can only do our cause no good, people who are none the wiser dont tend to complain. Leave the country side the way we find it and dispose of any gralloch or carcase with discretion.

Dalkur

Your suposed to bury them in england unless your using a midden

DL why dont you ask the SNH boys now that they have opened up to all wild life i am sure there will be a BP guide for fox control comming out very soon.

There is one lying outside my kennels!

Shot a vixen last night and took it home for the terriers to have a rag at!

Its final destination is the river.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!