Thread: firearms ownership in france

firearms ownership in france

Hi folks a good friend of mine has bought a home in france and would like to take part in le chasse. He splits his time between both the UK and france so would like to keep a firearm in France.

Can any one offer any advice.

many thanks

Dave

i believe there are no restrictions on shotgun ownership
    but he would need to pass different tests depending on what he wishes to hunt
    even Rabbit and Pigeon have a season and the restrictions are on what and when

Silverfox, the author of message #27 on this thread may be able to help:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...or-Italy/page3

There are a number of threads over in the 'Wild Boar' section of the forum that have input from members with knowledge of the Chasse in France, so might be worth a trawl through there?

SD Regular
    But he would need to pass different tests depending on what he wishes to hunt
    No he WOULD NOT if he is not a French national. Foreign national holding their country's equivalent are issued a Permis de Chasse without the need for the examination.

That is the law!

He will need a Permis de Chasse BUT unlike a French national if he produces the equivalent in the UK he will be given his Permis de Chasse with no examination.

BASC should help. I trust that he is a member? An UK "open FAC" would suffice and, by definition, all UK SGC's permit use of the guns listed on live quarry.

"Splits his time......"

If he is a French Resident then his UK "stuff" has no relevance. He is the same as a Nationale.

Stan

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)
    When i lived in france down by bordeaux, medoc country, i tried to join with a feinds hunting organization but couldnt join as i didnt have the equivelant,ie
    level 1 and 2 at the time,I thought it bloody mad as i had hunted over 1000 deer before and they had just a few shot some boar and a few deer,anyway i wouldnt like to have joined a nd participated as they are so dangerous,On the drives they form lines and shoot across the lines,in line with one an other,
    So i was told i just needed to join the local gun club,hourtin gc,where they had AK47s,all that you can think of,not more than 3 round automatic,I had blue card de jour at the time,but now i would think not necessary being open in the eu,that also with your level 1 and 2 you could get into a hunting club,I visited an owner of many guns and rifles,as i entered they were hung all over the walls like in the westerns,i was amazed how unsecure they were and open,madness, wouldnt get of with that here, some big stags down there though,I used to take my 7mm magnum to scotland on a visitors permit every rut,no probs,verry relaxed over there,maybe it has changed since 2003,?

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    No he WOULD NOT if he is not a French national. Foreign national holding their country's equivalent are issued a Permis de Chasse without the need for the examination.

That is the law!

He will need a Permis de Chasse BUT unlike a French national if he produces the equivalent in the UK he will be given his Permis de Chasse with no examination.

BASC should help. I trust that he is a member? An UK "open FAC" would suffice and, by definition, all UK SGC's permit use of the guns listed on live quarry.
    This could well be so, but he says his mate has bought a HOME in france. my brother also has a HOME in france and has been there for over 30 years he is not a national but still had to pass
    the tests to get his permits, i on the other had can be granted a temp if i visit

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    This could well be so, but he says his mate has bought a HOME in france. my brother also has a HOME in france and has been there for over 30 years he is not a national but still had to pass
    the tests to get his permits, i on the other had can be granted a temp if i visit
    I suggest you have a chat with your mate because your statement is wrong. Provided that he retains his British Nationality and i can't think of a reason why he wouldn't, he is entitled to the equivalent Permis de Chasse without any examinations. All he has to do is produce his open FAC, making sure it specifies deer, his DSC1 (and DSC2 but it's not needed) and they'll process the paperwork. He'll be expected to join a local club which will have a probation period.
    I have two close friends who've done it and i researched the process for myself when considering buying a property in France.