Thread: God Bless the US Government ( And the tax payers!)

God Bless the US Government ( And the tax payers!)

I was at the range this evening conducting some tests on some prototype ammunition when two black SUV's pulled up and a pair of Bureau of Indian Affairs Law Enforcement officers pulled up at the 100M range and began shooting. When they left, they left 240 empty 223 casings and 100 .40 S&W pistol casings. This is the second consecutive evening this has happened which usually means these gents are going to have a mass "qualifying" shoot soon with all the agents present. Last year I picked up 22 pounds of .223 brass after such a shoot and I plan to hang around and watch this one also.

It's amazing to me that they don't pick up their brass but hell, I paid for it. I have no problems with taking it home.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I was at the range this evening conducting some tests on some prototype ammunition when two black SUV's pulled up and a pair of Bureau of Indian Affairs Law Enforcement officers pulled up at the 100M range and began shooting. When they left, they left 240 empty 223 casings and 100 .40 S&W pistol casings. This is the second consecutive evening this has happened which usually means these gents are going to have a mass "qualifying" shoot soon with all the agents present. Last year I picked up 22 pounds of .223 brass after such a shoot and I plan to hang around and watch this one also.

It's amazing to me that they don't pick up their brass but hell, I paid for it. I have no problems with taking it home.~Muir
    fantastic !

I do the same at the range, the conservation officers (game wardens) shoot 30.06 and leave all there brass behind.
    I wish they shot .375hh as this will be my next rifle.

No such luck in the UK with scrap brass selling at over 2000 per tonne!

It's pretty pricey here, too. I am surprised that no-one bothers to scavenge it besides reloaders. I have picked up thousands of pcs of brass after Federal and local police "qualifying" days. Only when I was at a US Navy Base in California did they "police" their empty brass... and that was to just be courteous to the club members who let them on the range. Little did they know how badly the locals wanted them to LEAVE the stuff!!~Muir

Incredible. I am sure they would find it hard to believe then, that I spent 10 minutes on Tuesday looking through grass and leaves for a Lapua 6.5x55 case I had managed to drop from my highseat after taking a shot!

ATB

Tom

Tom,
    I'd believe it! I hate losing a case from my "batch" of reload cases. I looked for a missing Lapua 7,62x54R case for 40 minutes only to eventually find it in my jacket pocket! ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by conibear View Post
    fantastic !

I do the same at the range, the conservation officers (game wardens) shoot 30.06 and leave all there brass behind.
    I wish they shot .375hh as this will be my next rifle.
    Hi Conibear,

let me know when you want some 375HH brass I have a fair bit after shooting mine over a period of time, and you are welcome to some of it as I have more than enough.