Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: browining A bolt

browining A bolt

Right after the comments on the 770 it no one seems to have a good work for it so i was ringing around a few gun smiths and one come up with a browning A bolt in 243 so what do we think off the chaps ??

Get the X bolt. not much more money, or if it is too much Ruger M77 (nothing to break)

here is one from classifieds, you canny go wrong

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ynthetic-.-243
    Last edited by 308boy; 17-02-2011 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by bennunn View Post
    Right after the comments on the 770 it no one seems to have a good work for it so i was ringing around a few gun smiths and one come up with a browning A bolt in 243 so what do we think off the chaps ??
    Got one, real good accurate rifle!

Hi
    i have used an A Bolt for nearly thirty years, no problems, still accurate, would buy another.
    regards Geoff

Never shot an A-Bolt but the few I have handled appeared to be well made and finished. About a million times better that the 770 mthinks .

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Never shot an A-Bolt but the few I have handled appeared to be well made and finished. About a million times better that the 770 mthinks .
    They are a superb light accurate rifle especially like the 3 locking lugs on the bolt!

I had an A-bolt in .308, and it was a superb piece of kit, and I really regret parting with it, in fact in is the ONLY rifle I have owned (and I've had a few) that has shot nice tight groups using cheap 'n' nasty Winchester super X ammo.
    The trigger is nice and crisp and breaks predictably and cleanly, the short-lift bolt is nice and quick in use, the tang mounted shotgun style safety is well placed and positive.
    In fact the only negative (although I quite liked it personally) is the rather quirky floorplate/detachable box mag.

Value for money, quality & ultra reliable . Never had less than 6.5 , but all are & still are perfect, years later, with regular use & cleans.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I went to buy one, but he ordered it in Blued/wood, I wanted Synthetic/Stainless, so I didn't walk out the shop with it but I liked how it felt, nice and light, would have suited me for woodland Roe, just a treat.....(was a 22-250, Scotland).

Wasn't keen on the X Bolt, but many have said it's a cracking rifle.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

well this seems ill be going for the A bolt then cheers all thanks