Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: simon Hamlyn's Basc dismissal

simon Hamlyn's Basc dismissal

Anyone know about this? I pay membership to this organisation and would be interested to know more. Apparently he has been dimissed for misconduct.

From Google.

Dissenter apparantly, Sounds pretty serious, last time i'm going to critisise BASC.

Simon Hamlyn is a notable case tried in Taunton. It is said that this man was a dissenter but had no part in the actual rebellion. He lived a few miles outside Taunton and had visited the town to advise his son to stay clear and not meddle with the rebels. He was brought in and put before Jeffries ('The Hanging Judge') as a dissenter and found guilty of treason. It is recorded that Mr Bernard Smith, the Mayor if Taunton, tried to intervene and told the judge that he was an innocent man. The judges reply to this was "You have brought him on: if he be innocent, his blood be upon you." There was a pardon made for Simon Hamlyn but the judge had already had him executed by the time it arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    From Google.

Dissenter apparantly, Sounds pretty serious, last time i'm going to critisise BASC.

Simon Hamlyn is a notable case tried in Taunton. It is said that this man was a dissenter but had no part in the actual rebellion. He lived a few miles outside Taunton and had visited the town to advise his son to stay clear and not meddle with the rebels. He was brought in and put before Jeffries ('The Hanging Judge') as a dissenter and found guilty of treason. It is recorded that Mr Bernard Smith, the Mayor if Taunton, tried to intervene and told the judge that he was an innocent man. The judges reply to this was "You have brought him on: if he be innocent, his blood be upon you." There was a pardon made for Simon Hamlyn but the judge had already had him executed by the time it arrived.
    Treason probably would be construed as misconduct wouldn't it???????
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

The "bloody assizes" following the Monmouth rebellion. Can't remember the last time I thought of that.....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I know the old West Country carrot crunchers take their shooting pretty seriously but Hanging, Drawing and Quartering seems a bit harsh. JC

I queried it on another forum and DavidBASC ducked out very fast so can only assume its true

It was in Shooting Times, just said it followed an investigation into his conduct. Must have been up to something! I know that BASC would not wish to be tarnished with any bad press from one of their own so a quick dismissal was a good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    I know the old West Country carrot crunchers take their shooting pretty seriously but Hanging, Drawing and Quartering seems a bit harsh. JC
    We only do this to those that try and poach our stalking.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I have sent David BASC a PM, asking him to enlighten us. I do think that we have right to know what is going on. If there is no transparency then folk will suspect the worse. Look what happened when all the important details were blacked out regarding the MP's expenses. I do think that BASC should make a statement about what happened to reassure us that there has been no corruption or misuse of OUR subscriptions.
    Last edited by rodkayak; 17-02-2011 at 17:56.

I have no comment to make over and above the statment we sent ot ST.

David