Thread: How Crackers is This!!!

How Crackers is This!!!

In the loacl Tesco's last night, found venison steaks in the chiller section, two of them in a little shrink wrapped packet. 6 ish, not too bad in comparision to the rest.

Look at the country of origin ~ NEW ZEALAND!!! We are right in the middle of the south east, got Fallow and Muntjac coming out of ears and Tescos are flogging venison from NZ! Nothing wrong with NZ, in fact i'd like to go there sometime but I ask you....

What makes this even dafter is that when going past the offending store on the way to work a few months back, I saw a lovely little 3/4 grown munty buck crossing the road right next to the car park!

Thankgod you told us. Now we can all give up stalking and buy our meat!!!!

This does wind me up, we turn out some of the best food in the world in the UK and we're shipping venison 12,000 miles from NZ!

A bit off course i know but did you see about scampi on the news a couple of months ago. they were caught off the west coast of scotland lorried down to grimsby,then flown to bloody thailand to be processed, flown back to britain and distributed. How F!$"%g stupid is that. so much for food miles. It was youngs scampi if that makes a difference.
    Jonathon

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint
    A bit off course i know but did you see about scampi on the news a couple of months ago. they were caught off the west coast of scotland lorried down to grimsby,then flown to bloody thailand to be processed, flown back to britain and distributed. How F!$"%g stupid is that. so much for food miles. It was youngs scampi if that makes a difference.
    Jonathon
    your right but my super market in wexford has legs of nz lamb for 15 euro thats more than the game dealer will give for a sika hind ,carbon foot print my white ass

last september , we took our first lot of duck up to a game dealer just up from us , shan't mention his name for obvious reasons but he is quite a large dealer , while we were waiting to be sort a refrigerated artic had pulled in their yard and procceeded to be unloaded ,
    blow me , if it was not stuffed to the hilt with reds still in their jackets, all the way from NZ

I recently read somewhere that New Zealand farm more head of Deer than they do cattle.basil.