Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope problem

Scope problem

The elivation turrett is not adjusting, it must be jammed up, its on a hawke scope any idears ?

to be honest if its a cheap hawke i would look at binning it and getting a new one

Give it a short sharp tap with a hammer handle, sometimes they do stick.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Give it a short sharp tap with a hammer handle, sometimes they do stick.
    Sorry but my experience of Hawke scopes was not good. Things like this sticking just shows where they cut corners in production to make them cheaply. If I were the OP I would write this down to a learning experience and look to get something better.

Of course you could always try to get them to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Sorry but my experience of Hawke scopes was not good. Things like this sticking just shows where they cut corners in production to make them cheaply. If I were the OP I would write this down to a learning experience and look to get something better.

Of course you could always try to get them to fix it?
    No need to be sorry to me, I don't care what you think about his scope!

I'm just trying to HELP him with his problem not just tell him what a cheap **** scope he has and to bin it.

(but you are right )
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-dead-in-the-air View Post
    The elivation turrett is not adjusting, it must be jammed up, its on a hawke scope any idears ?
    If it is still in warranty send it back to them to fix. I had one on a .22 that the objective lens came loose on(!!), they had it back to me in a week.

I know its a cheap scope, it came on a .222 which i replaced with a leopold. I put this cheap scope ( hawke ) onto my FAC .22 air rifle. Ive emailed Hawke uk and they said not to remove the complete turrett but send it in for repair !! I will try a lump hammer, that might do it........

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    No need to be sorry to me, I don't care what you think about his scope!

I'm just trying to HELP him with his problem not just tell him what a cheap **** scope he has and to bin it.

(but you are right )
    Dan I was sorry that he has scope problems. It's frustrating even if not surprising. I must admit that Hawke do a good marketing job and have quite a large stand at the shows. It does not improve the product though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-dead-in-the-air View Post
    I know its a cheap scope, it came on a .222 which i replaced with a leopold. I put this cheap scope ( hawke ) onto my FAC .22 air rifle. Ive emailed Hawke uk and they said not to remove the complete turrett but send it in for repair !! I will try a lump hammer, that might do it........
    Is the airgun a "springer"? FAC springers are very hard on scope's.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

if your anywhere near wiltshire and you can collect it i will give you a replacement scope for your rifle but only if you can pick it up because without being rude its a lot of agro for me to get to my local post office and send it