bore guide

bow

hi i am looking for a bore guide to fit my sako 75 6.5 x55 finlight
been told some bore guides wont fit the sako action, what do you use?
also is there a universal bore guide that will fit the sako and a tikka 223,?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bow

You are correct. I got my Sako 75 from York Guns. I would ask them for a suitable bore guide. I got my bore guide from the US and then had to order a smaller collar, but I don't see them sold any more online. Sinclair International will have a range of bore guides available online and will respond to queries. I don't know anything about Tikkas.

Good luck. JCS

Last edited:
I have just had a bore guide made by Mike Lucas for my Sako 75 in 6.5x55. I also have a cartridge/action specific bore guide from Sinclair and a Stoney point adjustable job that fits my Rem 700(308w) as well as 2 Sako 75's in 6.5 and 222. Hope this helps.
Toby

Bow,

Its a problem.

I bought a Stoney Point one for my Sako 85, which didn't fit. A member on here (Callie) lives near me and is an engineer. He very kindly turned down the collar on his lathe until it fitted.

I suggest that unless you have access to a lathe and someone to operate it you are best off taking your rifle to you local RFD and trying the boreguides out while you're in the shop. I was promised that the one I bought would fit but Callie skimmed almost a millimetre off before it did.

Cheers,

Bob

Can you not drill out the back end of a 6,5x55 case and use that? I epoxy a 6" section of plastic tubing to the back end of a case prepared in this manner and use it. Not fancy, but inexpensive and readily available.~Muir

If in doubt, cut the base off a fired case and aradlite a cut-to-length piece of plastic water (plumbing) pipe onto it. Being a fired case this fits perfectly and makes a reasonable seal - any excess is always cleaned with a swab through the chamber anyway...cost ~£2!!

If in doubt, cut the base off a fired case and aradlite a cut-to-length piece of plastic water (plumbing) pipe onto it. Being a fired case this fits perfectly and makes a reasonable seal - any excess is always cleaned with a swab through the chamber anyway...cost ~£2!!

Can you not drill out the back end of a 6,5x55 case and use that? I epoxy a 6" section of plastic tubing to the back end of a case prepared in this manner and use it. Not fancy, but inexpensive and readily available.~Muir

Took a phone call whilst composing my response...obviously great minds thinking alike!!

Hello Bow, I've a 6.5x55 in a Sako 75 and got a guide from Reloading Solutions for the action about a year ago. Under £20.

Hello Bow, I've a 6.5x55 in a Sako 75 and got a guide from Reloading Solutions for the action about a year ago. Under £20.

+1 :thumb:

hi macberran,
do you have the make of the bore guide please

Bow, I believe they are made for Reloading Solutions as there is no brand name on the packaging. However they are outstanding bits of kit, reasonably priced too compared to some others. http://www.reloadingsolutions.com/2.html

Simon

Edit: I forgot to say I bought mine after receiveing the same good advice from this site!

Last edited:
Flytie your right, great bits of kit and made in the USA.
This was delivered as item RSBG67 no other identification.
Compared to some of the crap 'universal' guides I've foolishly bought its the dogs.

p.s it also says it does 22-250-6.5. Though which models it does not say.

Back