Hello Ladies and Gents

LSF

I am 42 years old and live in the north notts area and have been shooting nearly 20 years
starting with clays then onto rough shooting,driven game and vermin control,using air rifles,
shotguns and rimfire rifles (.22 LR & the excellent .17 HMR ). I am a member of BASC and a local game syndicate,I have black Lab and a Cocker and enjoy beating and picking up on the syndicate aswell has being a standing gun,After speaking to a friend of mine who i got back into shooting after a 20 odd year absence ( private fraser ) he said i should join the directory as its a good source of info/banter with like minded people,as it is my intention to take the DSC1 and start stalking this year,cheers lsf :)

Hello and thanks,Have you taken the DSC1 and what rifles and ammo do you use,Lee

Yes Lee, done level 1 and 2 and shooting T3 .270 and Tikka 595 .243 and ammo, Get ready, Priv partisans on both.;)

wadas

I am about to put in a variation on my ticket as i will be renewing my licences ( which are concurrent ) in the next couple of months and was thinking about something in .243 because i am told that this is a good allrounder ,flat shooting and with the correct ammo ( i.e 100 grain soft points ) i could even tackle smaller reds aswell as the all the other 5 species of deer and of course charlie,! what are youre thoughts on this ? ,also priv partisan ammo ( 100 grain soft points ) at around £ 60 per 100 rounds is pretty good,lee

I am about to put in a variation on my ticket as i will be renewing my licences ( which are concurrent ) in the next couple of months and was thinking about something in .243 because i am told that this is a good allrounder ,flat shooting and with the correct ammo ( i.e 100 grain soft points ) i could even tackle smaller reds aswell as the all the other 5 species of deer and of course charlie,! what are youre thoughts on this ? ,also priv partisan ammo ( 100 grain soft points ) at around £ 60 per 100 rounds is pretty good,lee

You won`t go wrong with a .243, it`s a well proven round.

If you`re gonna be asking for a full bore rifle then ask for everything that you`re going to want, it`s all the same price whether you ask for 1 or 3, they can only say no.;)

I pay 11 quid for 20 partisans and they are good, despite what some may say.:lol:

wadas

I have been looking at rifles both on the net and magazines and in one of the gunshops i use,i looked at a HOWA in .243 and thought it looked pretty good, you can buy a brandnew rifle for £ 500 but experienced people dont seem to like this trap door system on them, my mate private fraser has a T3 in .308 and is in love with it ! but i keep looking round and the name PARKER HALE & the MIDLAND model keeps popping up and they are not alot of money £ 195 upwards,bargain basement i suppose and dont know which way i want to go i.e new or second hand,i suppose at the end of the day as long as it shoots straight and groups tightly thats the main thing, what do you think,lee

Back