Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At Last !

At Last !

Managed to get some .224 hornady 35 grain v-max heads for my hornet today, after travelling half way across the country trouble is that i'm only allowed 100 on my cert, therefore i can't afford to mess about to much with various loads !! So any advice would be much appreciated !? Thank's lads..

11 grains of H110 lit by Remington 6 1/2 primers, so far used Remington and PPU brass.
    Recipe came from a very reliable source and seems to do just as promised, from a CZ 527 it gives just over 3000fps and shoots better than I can.

Neil.

13.0 grains Lil Gun, pistol primers, Loaded to 1.720", crimped.
    Normally I don't like specific loads but this one is a winner (and then some) in three different CZ 527's. My son uses this load exclusively. He is known for head shooting prairiedogs....~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 20-02-2011 at 00:30.

Muir - I,m surprised on the recommendation of such a hefty load after our last discussion !? and why the trend for pistol rather than small rifle primers !? Thank you both..

Yikes. That should have read 13.0, not 13.9! I will correct that! Thanks. (tho 14 grains, should it fit, would do no harm in my experience. The darned Winny brass won't take that much though!)

As to the small pistol primers, they have given me superior results. I have tested them repeatedly against small rifle primers and CCI, Federal Sm pistol primers cut the group size with Lil Gun. (See below: Three shots, 100M, with the 35 grain VM loaded as described. That's a 1" square.)

If you dont' have them, use what you have in a non magnum small rifle primer.~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 20-02-2011 at 14:31.

Another thumbs up for 13 gains of Lil gun.

My CZ 527 just loves the 35 grainers, 1/2" groups all day long.

Regards,

Ads

Methinks it's time to get your ammunition holding increased... 100 for reloading is just plain daft.

I guess! Jr. gets nervous when his stock levels of the 35 grain VM drop below 500! ~Muir

Yet more problems !!! The bullet seater/pusher is marking a line on the bullet heads, it seems that the nose is more rounded than other heads I've tried, never had this problem before !? Any advice !!! Cheers lads..

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    Yet more problems !!! The bullet seater/pusher is marking a line on the bullet heads, it seems that the nose is more rounded than other heads I've tried, never had this problem before !? Any advice !!! Cheers lads..
    OH MY GOD!!! A LINE ON THE BULLET HEADS???!??!??!

IT'S THE END OF CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT!!!
    OH! THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL!!!!!!

Good Lord, Man. Shoot them, will you??~Muir