Number of pages in a topic

caorach

In the past when a thread went to more than one page little numbers used to appear below the title so you could click a number and go direct to that page from the list of topics in a forum. This was handy if you'd been following a thread and knew you'd read everything up to page, say, 5 as you could jump directly to page 5 to continue reading.

However, in the last few days this option has disappeared and it is necessary to open the first page of a thread and then select a further page number from there.

It isn't a big think, I know, but it has vanished in the last few days and I was wondering if it is my computer or if a setting has been changed somewhere? If a setting has been changed then, if others are agreeable, it might be nice to have it back.

There are a few things different across the boards, looks like a bit of a forum update, sometimes facilities like you are on about need to be disabled while updates take place.

I would hazard a guess that it will return to normal.

I turned it off because I thought it surplus to requirements and it just adds to the number of server queries that need to be run on each page view.

You can navigate straight to the first unread post in the thread by clicking the
firstnew.png
icon (or to the very last post by clicking the
lastpost-right.png
icon) so I thought it was a bit pointless and it clutters up the display a bit.

The
firstnew.png
icon should take you straight to the first unread reply and should in theory be more efficient. Try it and see how you get on :D

Alex

Thanks Alex,

I understand now and can see how it might busy your server up if it has to get all that info every time I refresh the topic list in a forum. It isn't a big deal either way.

Back