Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accuracy International AE orAW

Accuracy International AE orAW

Hi
    Want to get a second hand AI AE or AW 308
    Give me a shout if you have 1 or know of 1
    Was considering a remmy 700 in AICS
    Thanks

Graham Clarke at Sporting Services is your best contact but be prepared to spend some money if you want an AW or AE. I use an AW at work but I have a Remington in an AICS system in both 308 and 243. The AW will start to outshoot the Remington at longer distances and the trigger is better but to be honest I prefer the AICS.

There is a considerable price difference between the AE and the AW. You would expect to pay new AE prices for a second hand AW.

If you are not jumping out the back of a chieftan or a chinook the AE is a great rifle. The AW just gives the extra reasurance when engaging a target that shoots back!

However neither are a stalking rifle!

hi ive got a 700 in a AICS , i would recommend shoots really well , im putting a Timney just to get it a little crisper , not that its needed

I have a custom built 7mm based on a Rem 700 action bedded into an AICS. Its got a 30" heavy weight barrel. Weighs a ton but is superb.

Bob

I just picked up a 338 AWM, big bang and BIG BUCKS.......$$$$$ not Roe... , that aside my mate has a 308 Rem 700 he has put into a AI stock shoots well and not too heavy to stalk with.

You don't need an AW in civvy street an AE will do all an AW will ! Remingtons in AICS stocks are only That !! You could proberbly buy a tarted up remington this weekend but AI's don't come up for sale much for a reason and hold their price.

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    You don't need an AW in civvy street an AE will do all an AW will ! Remingtons in AICS stocks are only That !! You could proberbly buy a tarted up remington this weekend but AI's don't come up for sale much for a reason and hold their price.
    Nothing up with a remmy 700 call them tarted up if you want ,but heck the fact remains they have been around long enough, mine had the houge overmold bedded stock when i got it 'not bad' but i like the AICS so i poped it in one and having a heavy 20" barrel looks right and shoots right , and with either easy configuration 1" groups @ 200yds all day ,I swap it back on sundays for a change, NO I DONT lol, But really dont put the chap off they really ain't a bad setup and if you really wanted a AE AW the wait would not be painful in the slightest whilst you save your penny's atb with you quest gb
    Last edited by bongo; 23-02-2011 at 03:46.

I was in at Sportsman Gun Centre Dorset yesterday and they said they had a second hand Accuracy International .308 rifle in. Don't know what model.

You could consider an alternative.

Blaser Tac 2 in 308 - have one for sale in the ads section.....

Just as capable as the AW / AE (I know, ive owned an AW)

Stock is far more ajustable and comfortable than the AICS.....