Thread: Fac help

Fac help

I am new to the site also to deer stalking I have been shooting for a number of years 12g clay/vermin only shooting full bore during my army days late 70s.
    I decided last year that I would like to get my FAC so I contacted my local FAO to ask how to go about it, because I did not know what cal I wanted to shoot or were to shoot he advised me to join a club and try out all cals before deciding.

This I did i joined PENNINE SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION at Diggle Ranges which is the nearest full bore range to me in Burnley, the guys at Diggle made me very welcome and gave me a great deal of help deciding what I wanted to shoot.

I decided to go for 22/223/308, the 22/223 for just target at the range and 308 for target and deer stalking as i will be taking my DSC1 later this year, I put the deer stalking on my 308 as I will be trying to get experience with other stalkers during this year and did not want to get my self into problems with the law, my FAO didnt see a problem, but problem there is back came a letter asking me to put down the land were I will be deer stalking????? what land unless I have a rifle how can I get some land.

anyone got any ideas please!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks Ray

AAAHH! Diggle!, now that's a range boy!,............Ding Dong, in their misguided conception of applying the law,... as opposed to making it!, they are, in couched terms, inviting you to book some paid stalking........... just to show you are really interested mate!.............
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

'You cant declare any land over which you have permission to use to calibre you need and wont have until you have been on numerous paid stalks' is your answer.
    Get booked in with one of the chaps on here and get a letter to that effect.
    Alternatively join the North West branch of the British Deer Society and then you will have access to some land for your ticket at the very least.

you only have to show that you have a need for the calibre you have requested, not permission from a land owner.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I thought for a fac you needed writen permission for land suitable for that cal

Quote Originally Posted by Davie_M View Post
    I thought for a fac you needed writen permission for land suitable for that cal
    A paid receipt for outing/s with a provider of stalking is just that.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks limulus I am a member of BDS its good to have other shooters who no the pitfalls.