Thread: wsm

wsm

Hi all
    just read that some factory wsm makers are stopping production so reloading will be the only option something to do with it has like a copyright so they have to pay a fee I dont know how reliable or if this is a wind up or not.
    cheers

Dickie.

I was speaking to John Bright at Highland Outdoors, Howa have ceased production of all WSM calibres due to a court action, not certain if they are involved directly, but the Japanese manufacturers are really very conservative and won't entertain anything that might reflect badly on their products.
    They won't even make a fast twist 223 Rem barrelled Howa they are all 1 in 12. I think WSM's have been a great success in the US and Browning are still chambering all WSM calibers, I have an A bolt in 300 Win Mag, it sheets really well for a light stalker, the Boss really takes the sting out of 72gr of N160 pushing a 165gr Nosler BT, had no complaints from Reds on Arran.

Mike, you give the reds the sheets!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy270 View Post
    I was speaking to John Bright at Highland Outdoors, Howa have ceased production of all WSM calibres due to a court action, not certain if they are involved directly, but the Japanese manufacturers are really very conservative and won't entertain anything that might reflect badly on their products.
    They won't even make a fast twist 223 Rem barrelled Howa they are all 1 in 12. I think WSM's have been a great success in the US and Browning are still chambering all WSM calibers, I have an A bolt in 300 Win Mag, it sheets really well for a light stalker, the Boss really takes the sting out of 72gr of N160 pushing a 165gr Nosler BT, had no complaints from Reds on Arran.
    I believe just the opposite. Most US gunmakers won't touch WSM chamberings anymore. It is a dying series... especially the WSSMs.~Muir

I dont think I would opt for a WSSM, but I believe the 7-30 WSM does hold the 1000m UK record of a group under 3"
    Vince Bottomley ? I am sure it will remain a firm favourite of custom gunmakers and long range shooters as there is so much bullet choice in 7mm.
    FlyBoy270