Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double high seat conversion

Double high seat conversion

Due to mentoring a friend I decided I needed a double high seat but could not afford one right now so decided to try & convert an old single lean-to seat.

Running a business means I have little spare time available so had a word with my father who's a retired engineer & still has his own workshop at home. He loves a project so got him over & explained what I needed.

Off he went last week & turned up Friday with this, a double seat conversion that can easily be removed to turn the seat back into a single. He's made a cracking job of it & it cost 32 in parts.......bargain!

Just waiting for a couple of foot pegs I've asked him to make to turn up then its off up to the farm on Friday to be erected in a likely spot!

Cheers Dad your a star!

Chris

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Made a fine job of that,nice.

Just fitted the additional foot rests, may have to relocate them slightly for comfort but will see how it goes Friday.

Chris

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

That looks seriously well made, I think you father might have a budding business in the making!

I have to say I wouldn't trust my Dad to put a picture up straight (despite his many other qualities)!

Hope it's as comfy and effective as it looks

Yes Neal he did make a great job of it, I mentioned he may well have a budding sideline but he said "no chance"! He plays a lot of bowls & does the grounds maintenance so doesn't want to devote too much time to anything else.......shame really.

Chris

Cracking job Chris.

32 Mmmmmmmmmmm and a bottle of Merlot and a cigar maybe.

Hopefully catch up soon mate

Jonno

Seats up, here's a few pics of where it's sited from left to right, counted 9 Roe in the middle of pic 3 last week when I was foxing.

Cheers

Chris

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Chris

Job's a good-un!

Are you sure you can't convince your father to branch out?

Dom
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Pukka job that.

Well done Dad !!!

Looks Great!!! All the best.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"