Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norfolk gunsmtihs

Norfolk gunsmtihs

I'm wondering peoples opinions on the best gunsmiths in south Norolk? I'm looking for a quote to get a rifle drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

Riflecraft aren't answering, but I've heard negative comments about them anyway. Norfolk

Sporting Guns in wymondham have given me a good quote, but is there work good? Can they be trusted not to stuff up a (basically) irreplacable gun? What other good ones are there?

I could try Philip Webster but have also heard of him only being so so even though he's a nice bloke.
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Have you tried Tony Buckland, just south of Norwich?. There's not much he doesn't know about rifles.

fraser

I know it’s a bit further away from you, but you could try Trulock and Harris in Framlingham, Suffolk.

SD Regular
    Again a little further afield, but only an hour down the A12 - Leech and Sons at Boreham, Chelmsford. A traditional smith man and boy and really knows his trade. Give him a call - 01245 - 465249. A thoroughly amenable chap.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I know he's Suffolk, but might be worth talking to Martin Nettleton at Mallard Barn Shop in Wattisham (Mallard Barn Shop, gun and country clothing shop, new and used rifles and guns, working dog food, Suffolk, UK).

Andrew

thanks a lot guys checking them all out.

Anyone any feedback on the gunsmithing at Norfolk Sporting Guns then?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Whatever you do, don't go to Riflecraft. The guy is a liar and a knob.
    I speak from first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodmedod.one View Post
    Whatever you do, don't go to Riflecraft. The guy is a liar and a knob.
    I speak from first hand experience.
    lol yep I've heard things to that affect. Also their prices are over double Norfolk Sporting Guns. I'm going to try Tony Buckland first once I find his number.

Norfolk sporting guns is as good as you will get. Chris is one of the few gunsmiths who can build a rifle or shot gun from scatch. Dont expect it back too quick lots of people use him and that speaks for its self.

Mark

Just a post with slightly different take on Riflecraft, as they are getting a fair slagging off here. I have had 3 rifles from them over the years. All shoot bloody well - 0.3/0.5 MOA. Yes, they can be a lttle "odd" but it takes all sorts. Their work however, in my experience, is first class and usually to the timescales they agree in advance. They are a bit on the pricey side, but the product you get works very well. You read some horror stories about gunsmiths who say they can and then bodge it because the job is beyond their ability. I also have experience of another of the gunshops recommended on this thread and wouldn't let him anywhere near one of my rifles. I'm sure some people have had bad experiences of Riflecraft and I am not saying they are the best in the business as I have not been to many others, but I'm happy. Maybe we just have low expectations in Essex!