Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optics Warehouse

Optics Warehouse

I used to buy scopes from Optics warehouse but upon looking for them I now see that they trade under Scopes Direct.
    I can't seem to reach them via email, live help or email.
    Do they exist or are they yet another online/mail order supplier who don't give a sh!t about potential clients?
    ATB
    Geoshot

Quote Originally Posted by geoshot View Post
    I used to buy scopes from Optics warehouse but upon looking for them I now see that they trade under Scopes Direct.
    I can't seem to reach them via email, live help or email.
    Do they exist or are they yet another online/mail order supplier who don't give a sh!t about potential clients?
    ATB
    Geoshot
    Have always been helpful..

wasn't there 2 companies trading as "Optics Warehouse" one good and the other abominable ? maybe that is why you are having problems ?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

The optics warehouse based in I think Paignton were always most helpful, I have spent a fair bit with them in the past and always had my stuff very promptly.

Try 01803 392306. Scopes Direct and Optics Warehouse are the ones in Paignton but they do like to hide their contact details on the site and make it hard for you to get in touch. I ordered from them recently off the website, they took the money off my card and then 2 weeks later, after I asked them what was going on, they told me they didn't have it in stock and they couldn't get any from their suppliers.

Phone them first before ordering and you could save a lot of time.

Binoculars Rifle Scope Night Vision Rangefinder Shooting

Ordered a rangefinder from them online, they rang me to say the one i ordered was out of stock. I could either wait or they would offer me another one of more value for the same price, i took the offer and was with me in a couple of days.
    Number 01803814559

Thanks guys
    I sent off a stroppy email and, much to my surprise, they got back to pretty much immediately.
    Told me what was in stock or offered alternatives when they weren't.
    However, their website is sh!t, the online support doesn't work, their email takes forever and the phone is always engaged.
    That doesn't add up to reassuring to me, pity, cos Optics Warehouse used to be one of my favourites, helpful to a fault and no quibbles on warranty etc.
    ATB
    Geo

I think you need to agree to trade on the fact that he doesn't employ anyone to answer the phone and that is why he can offer rock bottom prices. As long as you get the goods which I always have, and have the warrenty then I am happy to not be able to phone them!

Despite my above mentioned 'stroppy email' someone from Scopes Direct got back in touch with me today, gave me combined price for what I wanted and knocked a few quid off "for causing me hassle"
    If the stuff reaches me by their suggested delivery date I will be well pleased and will say so here.

OK, I said I would do it and here goes;
    I got my stuff from Scopes Direct earlier today, that's less than 24 hrs from placing the order too!
    I'm glad I stuck with it and thanks to Lisa of Scopes Direct for her help.

ATB
    (a happy) Geo