Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swaphunts

Swaphunts

Hi All

The last few years I have done many swap hunts with hunters from all over the UK and some from much farther away than that.

This year is no different we have started the year by having some new friends from Sweden and Germany.

Andy and I have been very lucky to meet some great likeminded people over the last few years and experienced some great hunting as their guests as well as some great fun hosting them at my home and hunting areas.
    All without exception have been gentlemen and a pleasure to take out and I hope they will be friends for many years to come.

Hunting is a great way of meeting friends who share the same passion and through it I have experienced hunting trips the like of which I would never have been able afford to buy.
    Even if you purchase the hunting the fun and laughs and friendship and that is the most important part of the trip for me is priceless.

Although the some of the later trips have been organized outside of the SD it all started on here so to the guys who run this site and the members thank you for making it what it is.

I still have lads coming from the New forest, Exmoor, Somerset and Yorkshire?? (John are you coming this year ??)
    Later in the year I hope to take some return trips in the UK as well as having one of my German friends over for Roebucks in May.
    Later in the year or early next year I have some return trips to take to Germany, Sweden and Austria and can’t wait.
    We haven’t had a lot of luck with the weather this year with our swaps so far but still managed to produce a few Muntjac and hope to find a few more yet.

I’ve added a few photos from this February's hunts and cheers guys many thanks because this is where it all started.

Wayne

Last edited by WAYNE DAVIES; 22-02-2011 at 09:50.

I have been one of the lucky ones that has stalked with wayne and andy
    on there ground .
    wayne kindly invited me up to stalk with him about 18 months ago and
    since that day a great friendship was formed .
    we have enjoyed some cracking stalking on each others ground and not
    a single penny has changed hands just humour , hospitality , and plenty
    of piss taking ,
    I have learnt some good tips also that has made me a better stalker
    on the downside hes costing me a bloody fortune
    new fully trained dog
    and hopefully the new blaser .

its all worth it though were only here once
    ATB REGARDS PETE .

Hi mate nice words there and true they are, though we met through friends of friends.
    Max looks well and he looks ready to eat that little munty.
    Will i see you 2 up here in Yorkshire this year??
    Regards John

Hi Wayne, well said !
    I (together with Charly or Peter) possibly see you and Andy in november / december. Also you guys are very welcome again in either the Netherlands or on my new permission in Germany.
    Nice set of antlers on that muntie by the way.

All the best. Ruud

Quote Originally Posted by Holland&Holland View Post
    Hi Wayne, well said !
    I (together with Charly or Peter) possibly see you and Andy in november / december. Also you guys are very welcome again in either the Netherlands or on my new permission in Germany.
    Nice set of antlers on that muntie by the way.

All the best. Ruud
    Hi Ruud
    October mate, October looking foward to it in OCTOBER
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Hi mate nice words there and true they are, though we met through friends of friends.
    Max looks well and he looks ready to eat that little munty.
    Will i see you 2 up here in Yorkshire this year??
    Regards John
    Hi John
    Yes had to watch him we wanted the capes off a couple so had to make sure he didnt have a chew
    Like to think we might come up but time could be tight, Rich rang Andy the other week said he was going to talk to you about dates to come down did he???? I give you a bell and sort it out.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post
    I have been one of the lucky ones that has stalked with wayne and andy
    on there ground .
    wayne kindly invited me up to stalk with him about 18 months ago and
    since that day a great friendship was formed .
    we have enjoyed some cracking stalking on each others ground and not
    a single penny has changed hands just humour , hospitality , and plenty
    of piss taking ,
    I have learnt some good tips also that has made me a better stalker
    on the downside hes costing me a bloody fortune
    new fully trained dog
    and hopefully the new blaser .

its all worth it though were only here once
    ATB REGARDS PETE .

Hi Pete
    Talking about piss taking, hows that old bugger from Norfolk has he got a Blaser yet
    Last edited by WAYNE DAVIES; 22-02-2011 at 14:39. Reason: can't spell

hi wayne hes gone a bit quiet hes either sulking or plotting to let me get mine first
    and then announce that hes bought the next model up super duper wood etc
    I just hope he gets the laser guided model thats gauranteed not to miss

regards pete .

Wayne, thank you for your kind comments. You are also a great ambassador for the SD site. I know you have helped a great many people onto the stalking ladder, so we at Admin thank you as well.

We are fast approaching the 5000 mark on the members list and although not everyone posts on the site one only has to look at the members logged in and also the amount of visitors looking at the site. Quite often in excess of 200 or more.

Roe buck season is nearly here, and I wish each and everyone of you much success and good hunting. Hope to catch up with some of you later in the year, might even get up to Waynes sometime to look at those piggies.

ATB

Sikamalc and the admin team.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Wayne, thank you for your kind comments. You are also a great ambassador for the SD site. I know you have helped a great many people onto the stalking ladder, so we at Admin thank you as well.

We are fast approaching the 5000 mark on the members list and although not everyone posts on the site one only has to look at the members logged in and also the amount of visitors looking at the site. Quite often in excess of 200 or more.

Roe buck season is nearly here, and I wish each and everyone of you much success and good hunting. Hope to catch up with some of you later in the year, might even get up to Waynes sometime to look at those piggies.

ATB

Sikamalc and the admin team.
    Hi Malc
    Thanks for that mate, you know where we are and the invite is still open.

Cheers Wayne