Variation problem, Norfolk police

goldypurple

Its now coming up to nearly 5 weeks that Norfolk police have had my variation paperwork, when i sent it to them, i included a letter, saying i required my fac back by 23 Feb, reason being i want to buy the rifles at newark shooting show. But i hadnt heard anything or received it back so decided to phone them to find out what was going on, and was told it was handed over to the feo, and to contact him.

On my original fac, i have 308 223 and .22, i am changing the 223 to a 243 and increasing my hold by one rifle 17hmr.

Norfolk now want to come out and do a visit and a chat, which is next Tuesday. Dont know why really, as he was only out at my place less than 6 months ago.

He is now saying it might be a problem, because it has flagged up on there computer, that the household has to many guns in, and may require an alarm system and a visit from crime prevention officer to check the house security.

in total the house already has more than 10 firearms (not all mine) in it, and they knew this before they granted my fac in the first place.

I have sought advice from BASC, and they have told me it shouldnt be a problem, and to refer to the security handbook when he turns up.

But do i back down and install an alarm.

Has anyone any further advice.

Im not happy now thou, cos its a waste going to the show now as cant get what i wanted

I have one dog live in the house, and out near the room where the cab is is 2 kennels and runs containing another 5 dogs.

i dont think anyone would get in without them making a noise

While it is advised that an alarm may be fitted it is not essential. If you had 8 guns instead of 10 would that makes them more difficult to steal? It may be that the path of least resistance is to have a basic alarm fitted to turn things around quickly but that is an expense that may not be necessary.

Its now coming up to nearly 5 weeks that Norfolk police have had my variation paperwork, when i sent it to them, i included a letter, saying i required my fac back by 23 Feb, reason being i want to buy the rifles at newark shooting show. But i hadnt heard anything or received it back so decided to phone them to find out what was going on, and was told it was handed over to the feo, and to contact him.

On my original fac, i have 308 223 and .22, i am changing the 223 to a 243 and increasing my hold by one rifle 17hmr.

Norfolk now want to come out and do a visit and a chat, which is next Tuesday. Dont know why really, as he was only out at my place less than 6 months ago.

He is now saying it might be a problem, because it has flagged up on there computer, that the household has to many guns in, and may require an alarm system and a visit from crime prevention officer to check the house security.

in total the house already has more than 10 firearms (not all mine) in it, and they knew this before they granted my fac in the first place.

I have sought advice from BASC, and they have told me it shouldnt be a problem, and to refer to the security handbook when he turns up.

But do i back down and install an alarm.

Has anyone any further advice.

Im not happy now thou, cos its a waste going to the show now as cant get what i wanted

i personally think you are running before you can walk , too much swapping and changing about too soon !

i was told when i first got mine not to bother with a variation untill i had my ticket atleast 18 months .

if that have had your ticket for 5 weeks , you will be lucky to see it in another 3 weeks at the very min .

there short staffed , dont you know ! ( or thats what they tell me !)

cheers lee

Hey there, just about to put my variation in for my 30.06, was told by my FEO that there is an extended wait at the moment as they are short staffed and they are looking at redundencies at the moment as well.

Good luck!!

Your right Lee, they are short staffed, but really that not my problem and an excuse is it. I suppose i would of been a little bit more happy, if they had phoned me to tell me the situtation, rather than me chase them up, like i said i enclosed a letter stating i needed it back by the 23rd Feb and a reason why, but that just fell on deaf ears lol.

As for running before i can walk, i dont think so, i have a job to do to cull deer and to provide vermin control service. And i need the correct tools for the job in hand.

Its not like im new to firearms, ive plenty of years of use and experiance.

So if anyone from Norfolk is looking to put in for a ticket be it shotgun/firearms or a variation, i suggest you hold fire and wait for them to catch up.

I had a longer wait for my FAC with Hampshire and they to are short staffed it was only when I threatened to put a claim in for loss of earnings did they get off there arse. In the end I went and collect the FAC from my FEO. I have since moved and notified them over 3 months ago and they still have not come round for an inspection and I called them to make sure they had recieved my letter and they said they are 4 months behind

Back