Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81

Thread: 6,5x55 fan club!

  1. #1

    6,5x55 fan club!

    hi
    how many 6,5x55 lovers have we here?
    the virtue of this litlle round is almost non recoil and penetrating like the strongest rounds and killng almost any game if the hunter put the shot in right place!!
    cheers
    daniel

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel paydar View Post
    hi
    how many 6,5x55 lovers have we here?
    the virtue of this litlle round is almost non recoil and penetrating like the strongest rounds and killng almost any game if the hunter put the shot in right place!!
    cheers
    daniel
    Good morning Daniel. May I repsectfully suggest that you use the search facility. You will find that this topic has been very well covered by those who would both agree and disagree with you.

  3. #3
    Time for the beer and crisps......

    Brian.

    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Good morning Daniel. May I repsectfully suggest that you use the search facility. You will find that this topic has been very well covered by those who would both agree and disagree with you.
    hi howa
    sorry coulden't find a 6,5x55 fan club in search facility
    only some comparing threads! those disagreeing are surely not fans of the 6,5x55 and are concidered as enemies not fans LOL
    Last edited by daniel paydar; 22-02-2011 at 10:59.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Time for the beer and crisps......

    a nice carlsberg or tuborg and chips and a CG mauser in 6,5x55

  6. #6
    Daniel, I am a 6.5x55 user for my sins, but I do not consider that it is the best "all round" calibre. That I feel would have to go to one of the slightly larger calibres. But for my shooting it is ideal. I shoot mailnly fallow, some roe and a few muntjac and find that the 6.5 stops them all with little meat damage, if using the correct bullet.

    On one particular place i shoot, i need to drop the deer (fallow) quickly so i have gone on to using the 129gn Hornady SST. I use a top book load so it is fairly quick, it expands well and the deer do not run far. If i had to shoot reds or sika's in a similar position i would want a slightly larger calibre.

    However, I have also developed a load for foxing for my rifle which is deadly;
    100gn Sierra Varminter and 51gns of N-160 which will produce ragged holes at 100yds.

    So all in all it is not a bad choice of calibre, it will never suit everybody, but it does the job for me from foxes to fallow.

    Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel paydar View Post
    a nice carlsberg or tuborg and chips and a CG mauser in 6,5x55
    No such things as a nice Carlsberg daniel. A Peroni is what you need and a rifle in a decent calibre.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Daniel, I am a 6.5x55 user for my sins, but I do not consider that it is the best "all round" calibre. That I feel would have to go to one of the slightly larger calibres. But for my shooting it is ideal. I shoot mailnly fallow, some roe and a few muntjac and find that the 6.5 stops them all with little meat damage, if using the correct bullet.

    On one particular place i shoot, i need to drop the deer (fallow) quickly so i have gone on to using the 129gn Hornady SST. I use a top book load so it is fairly quick, it expands well and the deer do not run far. If i had to shoot reds or sika's in a similar position i would want a slightly larger calibre.

    However, I have also developed a load for foxing for my rifle which is deadly;
    100gn Sierra Varminter and 51gns of N-160 which will produce ragged holes at 100yds.

    So all in all it is not a bad choice of calibre, it will never suit everybody, but it does the job for me from foxes to fallow.

    Simon
    hi Simon
    i totally agree with you. there is no caliber that can cover all the games or hunting situations.
    i own both 6,5x55 and 3006 and a 375 H&H too.
    when it comes to deer hunting there 6,5x55 shines.
    here in Sweden nearly of yearly moose quota ( upp to 200 000 moose)are shot with 6,5x55 and 10 gram + bullets every year
    the study done by hunters organisation showed a very little difference in killing and the distance runned by mooses after the shot between 6,5x55 and larger calibers.
    but i feel much better with my 3006s or even better my 375 if i meet a bear in the wood
    and recent years the number of bears are incrised a lot here. now it is exceedin 2000 bears!! and a few hunters have been mauled and a couple of death too!
    Last edited by daniel paydar; 22-02-2011 at 12:12.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    No such things as a nice Carlsberg daniel. A Peroni is what you need and a rifle in a decent calibre.
    peroni is good to drink with pizza and olives, but if you love tall hot blond girls and bear steak as dinner, then carlsberg or tuborg is the only way to go

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel paydar View Post
    peroni is good to drink with pizza and olives, but if you love tall hot blond girls and bear steak as dinner, then carlsberg or tuborg is the only way to go
    May need to try that before I could possibly agree with you. Am willing to try.

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted SAKO 75/85 6.5x55 WANTED or any other 6.5x55 concidered
    By Knifeman in forum Firearms
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-08-2017, 13:41
  2. Young lad in a club
    By Dan Gliballs in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-01-2011, 19:02
  3. Replacement Drinks Fridge Motor and Fan
    By fallowm,oor in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-10-2010, 09:49
  4. A fan in your hat
    By Riverman in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 22-07-2010, 18:16
  5. new boy to the club
    By bozzy in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-05-2010, 19:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •